Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Yeoman

Default are there fun things to do near vancouver airport

we are only going to be in vancouver the day before the cruise from around 6pm to early morning the next day ( a tour van will pick us up at the hotel and take us too the ship after the tour ).

we are thinking of getting the room from either priceline or hotwire. we will save so much money getting a room near the airport that we are considering going that route.

are there any good things near by ( we will be on foot ) that could be done that night. or are we out of luck for that night and destined to just get a bite to eat and retire for the evening. please give advice if you have any knowledge of the area. thanks alot.

Old May 16th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Admiral

Default Re: are there fun things to do near vancouver airport

Hi Dusty, If you are getting a hotel near the airport, there is not too much to do.What hotel are you looking at??Even the ones in Richmond(that is near the airport),probably will not have too much within walking distance. From 6 pm on does not leave too much time unfortunately. Brenda in Canada(Vancouver area)
Old May 16th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: are there fun things to do near vancouver airport

thanks for letting me know brenda

we will be getting into vancouve late in the afternoon so i wanted to make sure we had something close to do that evening after we get a bite to eat. we are going to do the pre-cruise with land/sea tours the morning of the cruise. i used them last sept and had a wonderful time touring around the city before we were dropped off at the ship. i hightly recommend them for tours. i am just going to jump in and try priceline or hotwire for a downtown hotel. i cant go wrong with a 4 star and we will be able to walk around and just see the shop windows or something. it is cheaper to be by the airport but for us we will be better off downtown. cant wait to go and see vancouver again. it is a great city and i would like to plan a vacation for just there in the future.

Old May 17th, 2004, 05:03 PM
tara_lee_anne

Default Re: are there fun things to do near vancouver airport

Definetly go with downtown Vancouver if you are wanting to do something that night. If you are staying at the hotel at the airport you are really in the middle of nowhere with nothing in walking distance, even downtown Richmond doesn't really have alot to offer.
Old May 18th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: are there fun things to do near vancouver airport

thanks tara

saving a few dollars isnt worth it sometimes if you want to get the most out of the trip i have decided. besides my friend and i will be splitting the hotel cost , we will be downtown and in a great room im sure. i cant wait to get to vancouver again. it is a great city with so many great things to do. i did not get a chance to get a good walk in on the seawall the last time. im hoping i will be able to this time.