Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Rachelle

Default FORT LAUDERDALE DAY BEFORE CRUISE HOTEL ANY THAT HAVE SHUTTL

Hello everyone:

Thanks to everyone on the boards, we got a great room on Caribbean Princess B750 avt aft 88sq ft deck can't wait, by the way anyone had this cabin? Couldn't decide between this and mini suite, but the deck and aft sold the husband.

We will be arriving the day before which happens to be my husbands 45th birthday, flight gets in at 1:30pm so we will have some time for the beach.

Any suggestions on a really nice hotel on the beach that won't break the bank before we even get on the ship? Would love to have a steam and sauna avail. and a nice resturant with a view if possible for the husbands birthday dinner, but then he does get a cruise after all.

I would consider using priceline, never used it before, but the only 4* seems to be Pier 66 which looks great, but no beach. I understand if you bid on priceline for a beach resort you will get something on the beach, any idea what I should bid, for late september, but wondering if I should just purchase the room myself, spend a little extra money and get something I know will be perfect.

Would really like something with airport shuttle and cruise shuttle. Or can anyone tell me the cost of a cab and how easy it is to get one from the hotels? Pier 66 does have a package that includes the water shuttle and room for $129.00 which is fine, but the shuttle doesn't start until 12:15, and I'm sure will be a madhouse at that time, and anyway we like to get there at about 11:30am. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, anyone who has used priceline and requested beach resort would love to hear your experience.

Thanks for the feedback and I'm sure with your help I'll find the perfect spot. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2004, 07:09 PM
JANz

Default Re: FORT LAUDERDALE DAY BEFORE CRUISE HOTEL ANY THAT HAVE SH

Go to www.biddingforfun to find out what hotels are on the beach that you would like to bid on...Most hotels offer shuttles from the sirport. As for getting to port, forget the shuttle and have the hotel call a cab about 10:30am. It will cost about $6.00..Also, grab a cab back to the airport....
Old June 5th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Rachelle

Default Re: Re: FORT LAUDERDALE DAY BEFORE CRUISE HOTEL ANY THAT HAV

great suggestions, I'll take that advice and get started booking today. Thanks