Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Admiral

Default Ft Lauderdale hotel

We'll need a prenight Ft Lauderdale FL hotel stay in January and need some advice on where is a nice hotel and close to the port? I don't want to use priceline because it will be 3 of us and I want to guarantee I get 2 beds.

We don't need transportation as we'll be driving down from Jacksonville.

Thanks!

Post Edited (06-10-04 12:55)
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Keith Smith

Default Re: Ft Lauderdale hotel

We will be going on our first cruise the end of February. A friend recommended the AmeriSuites at 1851 SE 10th St. Tel # 954 763 7670. They will pick us up at the airport and take us to the boat at no extra charge. Good Luck
Old June 11th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Look into Ameri Suites and Embassy Suites, both on 17th St Causeway.
Old June 16th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Stargazer

Default Re: Re: Ft Lauderdale hotel

Try the Marriott. Great location. Has water bus pick-up spot and is minutes to the port.
Old June 17th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Admiral

The Marina Marriott is awesome! I try to stay there every time we fly into FLL.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old June 21st, 2004, 03:56 PM
Ladybug 5

We stayed at the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort in Fort Lauderdale about a 15 min. drive from the port in February before boarding the Coral Princess. This by far was one of the prettiest hotels with the most beautiful grounds I have ever stayed in. The employees were always smiling and wishing you a good day. They even arrainged for a mini van to take us to the ship since there were four of us. I would go back to Florida just to stay at this hotel. Have a great trip.
Old June 21st, 2004, 04:25 PM
Passenger

what about the sheraton airport? nice? clean? $65 feb 2005 good price?
Old June 22nd, 2004, 10:03 PM
Mel Poblocki

I booked the Embassy Suite at $119 and got a single room for 5 people. (one of them an 11yr old, the others adults) It's two miles from the airport and 1/2 mile from the pier. I would guess if you had one piece of luggage and a small carry on per person, you could just about walk to the ship from the hotel.
Old June 27th, 2004, 04:12 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to ttbryson

I loved the Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites - definatly reccemend staying there or any other Embassy Suites.

When traveling I always stay at Embassy Suites wherever possible

--------------------
HAL - Oosterdam - May 05
RCI - Mariner of the Seas - August 04
HAL - Volendam - July 03
Old June 27th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Mike S

We stayed at the Best Western Marina Inn and Yacht Club in Janurary and it is directly across from the pier. You can see several ships just off your balcony. They pick you up at the airport and also take you to the pier in a van. Although it was a little crowded going to the pier. Lots of guests use the service. You need to take the van or a taxi because the hotel is on one side of the river and the boats on the other so there is a bridge you have to cross to get to the pier. Mike
Old June 28th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Passenger

I booked the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale on S.E. 17th Street for Jan. 8th using
Priceline. Can anyone share thier thoughts on this hotel?It doesn't look like they
offer shuttle service from the airport or to the pier.
Old July 8th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Passenger

Bill,

We stayed there two years ago. I can't remember if they have a shuttle, but we loved the hotel. It was clean and very lovely. The staff was very helpful and the restaurant great for breakfast. We walked up to the strip mall and ate dinner at a great Italian restaurant (can't remember the name).

We would recommend it highly.

Joey
Old July 9th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the info. Joey
Old July 9th, 2004, 11:57 AM
First Mate

We stayed here this year pre-cruise in April.

It's a beautiful property. I used Marriott points, so the price was right. We were upgraded to the Concierge Level, so were able to get breakfast there before leaving for the port. Beds are comfortable, and like all Marriotts, you have a coffee maker in the room. we asked for additional packets of regular (you get 1 regular and 1 decaf in the room), and got them with no problem.

You can see the port from some of the rooms, I went into the stairwell (we were on a high floor) and took some photos of Summit, the ship we sailed on.

They do not have a shuttle to the pier. As for an airport shuttle, when I called they said no. Yet as we were leaving in the taxi to go to the pier, up pulls a van with the hotel's name on it, so you may want to call and ask about that. The taxi was less than $10 to the pier, and Summit was way on the other side.

The staff was extremely friendly.

There is a Outback Steakhouse a couple of blocks up the street, as well as a Chuck's. There is a Publix market in the adjoining shopping plaza along with a few other stores. We bought 2 six packs of caffiene free diet cola and took them on board with us.

They have a nice, albeit small, pool. Also, if you walk over near the bridge(there is a hotel there - Hyatt, I think) you can catch the water taxi for $5.00 per person and it will take you to the shopping area Las Olas. Additionally, you get to see a lot of really nice yatchs and houses along the way. Best bargain in FLL for our money.

You will not be disappointed in your choice.

Bon Voyage !
Old July 11th, 2004, 06:48 PM
hcat

I agree with PapaBill, try Amerisuites. It;s convenient to cruiseport & on 17th St causeway near food & stores. Small but very clean pol area & free shuttle to shipif you need it Also free beffet breakfast. Not fancy but fits the bill! Can book for about $89 per room at valuetrips.com--seems to be their booking agent but can also call hotel ..Embassy is probably a bit nicer (never been in the rooms) but is more expensive by quite a bit--at least when we cruise. You can also walk to any of the fancier hotela like Pier 66 & visit the rotataing Bar.... What are you doing with your car--parking at the pier???
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:39 PM
retiredldo

Just about all the hotels that have been mentioned you can get through priceline and then just call the hotel and ask for two beds. If you happen to get embassy suites you have two rooms anyway. We have always used priceline for our trips to FLL

Pete
Old July 17th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sid, I don't know why the Marriott Marina Hotel told you there is no free shuttle to the Port. We've taken it every time we've stayed there, most recently two months ago. You need to sign up for it when you check-in, as it does fill up and the most desirable time slots fill up quickly. The bell captain has the schedule at his podium.
Old July 17th, 2004, 06:48 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Ft Lauderdale hotel

Jo-Ann,

It was the Renaissance I was referring to, not the Marriott. But thanks for the info in case we ever stay there......and I'll tell you, I have been pricing the 11 day Western on Summit for April of next year....we are planning on Puerto Vallarta for 2 weeks next April, but in case something goes wrong, well, you do need a Plan B, right?
Old July 21st, 2004, 12:22 PM
Bobbi

Has anyone stayed at the new Courtyard Airport/Cruise Port?
Old July 28th, 2004, 06:38 PM
First Mate

We just got the Sheraton Airport today from PL for $50 for 11/27. They also have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

Ann