Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2004, 03:33 PM
Shayroner

Default Miami & Ft. Lauderdale - hotel, car rental and stuff to

Looking for a safe, clean and reasonably priced hotel in Miami, prior to cruise departure, as well as suggestions on hotel and car rental in Ft. Lauderdale for a couple of days afterward. Traveling with my mom and 13 yr. old son.

I'm trying to figure out how we can get from the hotel to the ship in Miami, and if we stay a couple of days after the ship docks, how we can get to Ft. Lauderdale, and where we can get a reasonably priced rental car. Or, are there other ways around.

Also, looking for ideas of what to see in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale area. We'll only have a couple of days, if that, in each city.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2004, 09:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Miami & Ft. Lauderdale - hotel, car rental and stuff

Shayroner,

As far as car rental companies are concerned, Alamo and Thrifty will pick you up from the Port of Miami, and take you to their Miami Airport facility. There is no drop off fee if you drop the car off in Ft. Lauderdale. That is one of the great things about renting a car in Fla.
Old August 7th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Renna

Shayroner,
We are going to have 1 day in Miami before our cruise and I have a son who is about your son's age. We found Parrot Jungle looked interesting ( I rescue Parrots , this will be great fun for me who will be missing my flock) even for my kids who live with 9 of our own. Miami also has a Zoo. My kids plan on doing Parrot jungle then back to Hotel for pool time for rest of day. We booked Embassy Suites Hotel Miami - International Airport through Priceline.Looks really nice . Good Luck .
Old August 10th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Shayroner

Default Re: Re: Miami & Ft. Lauderdale - hotel, car rental and s

Thanks for your recommendation. I appreciate your taking the time to reply to me and try to help me out. When are you taking your cruise? I'll be there in Oct.
Old August 10th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Admiral

I know that there is the Aquarium there that I here is good. I've never been to it though so I can't vouch for it. You may want to go to tripadvisor website and type in "miami attractions" and they will come up with reviews on them. Also can search for "miami hotels" too.

Old August 14th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Renna

Dear Shayroner,
We are going on Paradise Aug. 29. Sorry not to get right back to you. We are in great need of this cruise. Youngest son is diabetic not complaining mind you but ANY teenager is a handful when they want to be ,teenage boy who has to watch (should) what he eats. Up to now he's been good-last 3 days bad really bad . I hope it's a stage. I'll let you know what we found. Hopefully better weather,were deeling with "Charlie " now were just getting the heavy rains but is reminding us too much of Isabel from last year we were with out power for 9 days ,tree hit house -no fun. Take Care Renna
Old August 17th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Shayroner

Default Re: Re: Miami & Ft. Lauderdale - hotel, car rental and s

Thanks again for your communication. I hope that you have a terrific time, despite the weather that has recently hit FL. Let me know how it goes, if you get the chance.