Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2004, 05:11 PM
James&Rob

Default Motel close to port of miami

Hello does anyone have suggestions on a motel close to the port of miami for a precruise night Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2004, 05:31 PM
jnky

Default Re: Motel close to port of miami

Hi Guys....we just booked the Days Inn Convention Center in Miami w/free shuttle close to port ...got it for $59 on the web. Leaving Oct 25 on Fascination. Where y'all headed?
Old September 29th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You may try using Priceline for a pre-cruise hotel. I tried it earlier this year and bid a 3 start, downtown Miami and got the Radisson for $50. Its close to the port and also Bayside. YOu can get some tips on using Price line by reading this good article:

Priceline

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 29th, 2004, 07:44 PM
James&Rob

Default Re: Re: Motel close to port of miami

we are going on the Victory in march to SanJuan, St marteen, St Thomas

Fantasy 2003
Sensation 2004
Caribbean Princess 2004
Old October 1st, 2004, 01:48 AM
jgnj

Default Re: Re: Re: Motel close to port of miami

I agree with the post regarding Priceline. I have used them several times for Miami and not been disapointed.

Was on the Victory last Jan.- same cruise.
Old October 1st, 2004, 05:44 AM
James&Rob

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Motel close to port of miami

I just hit Hyatt Regency on priceline for 64.00 seems like a great deal I even called them and requested a king room smokeing and they said yes its all set up thanks for the imfo I was always leary of using Priceline because you dont know what you will get but with the thousands of people on this and cruise critic sit that are very pleased with priceline I took a chance and it works I will use them again in the future

Fantasy july 13 2003
Sensation May 13 2004
Caribbean Princess Sept 18 2004
Carnival Victory March 6 2005
Old October 5th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Yeoman

hey JNKY.... We are also booked at the Days Inn in Miami in February. Please email me when you get back and let me know how it is. Thanks......
Old October 6th, 2004, 05:18 AM
Admiral

We've stayed at the Radisson and enjoyed it very much. Close to the pier also.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old November 2nd, 2004, 12:25 PM
jnky

Cathy...Had an ok experience at the Days Inn...just be ready to get to the shuttle early. The signs say the shuttle leaves every hour from 9 am - on....we made the mistake of getting downstairs ready for it at 10, and then waited till 11, and there were people in line ahead of us that had been there since 8:30. Only one shuttle came at 11 which held 12 people + luggage. Cabs were circling, so I asked the rate, just $15.00 so we got a cab, delivered us right to the port hassle free and quickly. We went ahead and just took a cab back to the hotel after disembarkation, and when we arrived, there were 3 shuttles in a row waiting for people...go figure! The hotel had a nice pool, was clean and a decent place to stay....not extravagant by any means, but for the 5 hours we slept there, it served the purpose! There is a restaurant on grounds too, that had a decent breakfast. What we liked about it was that there was covered, secure parking in back, which we felt ok about leaving the car for the trip. Good luck!!
Old December 14th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Jackie Robinson

There is a nice Holiday Inn right across the street from the port. The rate we paid was $89 per night and we did it through Expedia. By all means don't go to the Baymont Inn in Miami....the service was awful and the people running the place are R-U-D-E and teh room was not clean and we paid the same amount that we paid for the Holiday Inn which was, as I said, right across the street from the Port.
Old December 22nd, 2004, 03:10 PM
Admiral

We booked out Miami hotel stay too thru Priceline. Got the Hyatt Regency for 45 and when we arrived just told them we were cruising out the following day and they put us up in a king suite overlooking the port. Really Really COOL!

Old December 23rd, 2004, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Helen-Oohhh! I must remember to tell them that in January!! I will be sleep-deprived as we come in from Seattle on a red-eye. I also joined Hyatt's Gold Passport program-don't know if that will help/not!!

Old January 3rd, 2005, 09:17 AM
hydro-terp

I second the Holiday Inn across from the market place. I will be there in a couple weeks for my third stay. It is literally across the street from the market place so grabbing some food or some evening drinks is a breeze. The cab ride to the ship is super quick. Check out is pretty early but they have a room where you can stash your bags until its time to get on the ship. PS ask for the highest available floor on the bayside. The view of the sun coming up over the port is sweet.

If you have the coin the Intercontinental is pretty premo. I stayed there years ago when Carnival had a deal going for like $60 per head per night. It s way more now but it is 5 star place.
Old January 11th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

thanks jnky for the info. I agree, for a couple of hours the price was right. As long as its clean it will be OK. I booked here because of the free shuttle. Thanks for that info also. According to the website, It says that the shuttle runs from 11-12 and from 1-2. If we have to wait too long we will also take a taxi. I want to get on that ship ASAP. Thanks again for all the info.