Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2004, 02:56 PM
helicopter22

Default Best Western Resort South Beach

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Resort in South Beach, if so how was it? From what I can find out about it on the internet it says it is on the beach. Kids want to stay on the beach in South Beach, so I would appreciate any help.
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Best Western Resort South Beach

Haven't stayed there but just booked the Shelborne (three stars), at 18th & Collins, right on the beach, through priceline, for $100/night. You can do much better than Best Western on Priceline, especially if you go for a "resort"
Old November 12th, 2004, 08:15 AM
helicopter22

davela2, thank you for the response. I have a question for you. If I bid resort on Priceline for South Beach is that guaranted to be on the Ocean?
Old November 12th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Passenger

absolutely not. The catch with Priceline, is that you have no idea which hotel you are bidding on. go to biddingfortravel.com and in the sections where iot lists each city, go to Miami", you can see a list of the hotels for each star rating, although it's definatley not all inclusive of a list. Read the FAQ section in the "hotels" section thouroughly before you bid, and learn about the process, and free re-bids. If you bid on a resort or 4 star, it should be on the water, or at least have a really nice pool. It seemes that a lot of people have been getting the Crown Plaza resort for about $100-$120/night, that's a four star hotel. I just booked the Hyatt Regency in Ft lauderdale Beach, after my cruise, for $100/night. If you educate yourself about priceline, you can really get a great deal. let me know if you need any help. I became an expert on my second booking, but I know I overpaid by $10-15 for the Shelborne.
Old November 12th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks davela2. I'm really not sure what to do about Miami. Part of me says just book downtown (since we are going in two days before cruise) and we could go to Bayside one night and over to South Beach the next day. But, my kids love the ocean and I know they would like to stay on it. Having never been to Miami I'm just not sure what to do. If I'm going to bid on downtown I would like to be close to bayside and I know I can't pick the hotel. I have only used Priceline one time and it was a simple choice (I knew it would be only one of three hotels in a small area). I am open to any suggestions.