Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2005, 08:53 AM
Yeoman

Default priceline accepts bid

need a hotel at pdx nite before fly out in early am ---booked a hotel on my own and the cheapest price i could find was 80.02-----------never used priceline before because of the unknows but i took a deep breath and i got a comprable hotel for 48.90 complete with taxes and service fees

Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2005, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: priceline accepts bid

Old January 18th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Durwin

Default Re: Re: priceline accepts bid

Hi Kuki

First, I want to tell you that I have truly benefitted from your advice/suggestions. You are informative and fun to read.

My question to you, however, is can you recommend a hotel I should target for Miami. I am leaving on a 11 day cruise on Royal Caribbean out of Miami. I would like to get into the Intercon and will definitely try priceline. Also, is it close to the Port?

Thanks
Old January 19th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Durwin,
When using Priceline, until your bid is accepted, you don't know the exact hotel, just a location. When bidding for a hotel by the pier, make sure you have the location of downtown Miami, and I usually try 3 star....Just know what you are doing before you try this....

Here is a good article for using Priceline:

Priceline

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 19th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Durwin

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH ! !

I truly appreciate your help.

Have a good day!
Old January 31st, 2005, 09:01 AM
hydro-terp

Another thank you to Kuki.

We done the Priceline thing, like you talked about in your article, and got in the Intercontinental for $10 more then the Holiday Inn. Mega sweet.
Old February 13th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

I used Priceline for our pre cruise hotel and got the Sofitel. I should've chosen a hotel in downtown Miami, but I didn't know, and chose a hotel in the airport area.

Paying $98.00 including taxes, and the service fee, is a bit too steep for my comfort, especially when we're only going to use the room for a couple of hours. Not only that, we have to pay a taxi to get to port.

I've used Priceline many times before, but this time I didn't use my common sense. We win some, and we lose some.
Old February 28th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Yeoman

I used Priceline and got a Courtyard in downtown Miami for $38. I usually go for nicer quality hotels, but since we just needed a place to stow luggage and hang out until time for our flight, I didn't want to spend much. This will work out great!

Gotta love Priceline

Lesley

Old March 3rd, 2005, 07:31 PM
Markymark

We are sailing out of NOLA on the Sensation in May and needed 4 rooms after the cruise for 3 nights. We never used Priceline before but wanted to give it a try. Instead of trying to book all 4 rooms we booked 1 room only to see what we were up against. We started trying for a 4 star room in the FQ and CBD for $40.00 per night but were rejected so we added the CC and increased our bid to $50.00 per night. Lo and Behold we had a Marriott Renaissance accepting our bid fo $50.00. We then tried for the other 3 rooms with only the CC district and they also accepted the same bid so we got all 4 rooms at the same 4 star hotel for $50.. per night per room. Thank-you Kuki for all the info. We are now Priceaholics also!!!
Old March 7th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Passenger

lesley, give some details about the courtyard you won. we need a room in miami for the end of march and i like courtyards.
Old March 27th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Shan

Default Re: Re: Re: priceline accepts bid

A group of us stayed at the Radisson (I think it was on Collins dr/or rd?) anyway it was very reasonable and right on the beach....close to the Lincoln shopping & restaurant area....there are also shuttles that will take you down to So. Beach....not real close to the port, but still very nice.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 05:57 PM
Jean S

When bidding priceline in Vancouver, BC does anyone know what a 4 star bid will get you? Also if I want to stay close to the pier what area should I try for? We are going to stay for 3 nights prior to our cruise on the Coral in July. My dh has finally recovered from a life threatening illness (almost died a number of times last year) and this is our celebration trip!
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Jean S

Had another question about Vancouver hotels. Hotwire has a five star hotel in Vanvouver. Does anyone know what hotel this would be? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old April 6th, 2005, 12:41 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda

Hi Jean,

Try going to BiddingForTravel.com - they might be able to help with which hotels are 4*

Cathy