Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2005, 05:12 PM
roxo

Default which hotel in San pedro Ca

Any one have a suggestion about Hotel in San Pedro LA Port). Has anyone stayed at Best western Sunrise?
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2005, 07:27 PM
cali-croozer

Default Re: which hotel in San pedro Ca

We stayed there a few years ago when the Elation sailed from there. The price was reasonable and it was clean. There was a free expanded continental breakfast (the usual plus cereals, fruits, etc.) that was perfect to tide us over until lunch on the ship. They also had a free shuttle to/from the pier and free parking for the duration of the cruise. A note of caution, on the way back to the hotel, there was no organization or line for the shuttle. As soon as it appeared, people would swarm over.......not a good scene. After not getting on twice, my husband decided to get on the 3rd one (it's the same shuttle, just the 3rd time it came back) himself, get our car from the hotel lot, and pick us up. That worked out just fine.

Again, it's been a couple of years, so you should call to make sure they still offer the breakfast, shuttle, etc.
Old January 16th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Jin Ho

Hello,

A few weeks ago me and my family stayed over in San Pedro, California at the Vagabond Inn. All I have to say is this hotel is wonderful. We were greeted by a friendly staff and shown the upmost best hospitalty I've seen in a while. The rate was superb. Not to mention we were given free parking while myself and my family went on a cruise for 10 days. I recommend to anyone who is stoping through San Pedro to stay at this hotel.

Absolutely the best.

From,
Jin Ho
Old January 19th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to shayesship
Default Re: Re: which hotel in San pedro Ca

I use Priceline and get the Marina hotel each time (3 times in 3 years). It is a 3 star hotel about 2 1/2 miles from port on its own marina. They have two free shuttles and free parking. No free breakfast. My last successful bid was $55 plus taxes and fees on 11/26/04.
The Best Western Sunrise is closer (only 1/2 from port) is rated 2 stars and acceptable.
You will probably pay $75 and up plus tax.

The Sheraton is behind the Best Western Sunrise and is a 9 story hotel and a true 3 star hotel. Their rates start at about $89+tax and parking fee. They have a free shuttle.

Steve Hayes
Old January 20th, 2005, 03:38 PM
cali-croozer

Regarding Best Western Sunrise...........like shayeship said, it is an acceptable 2 star. I had read some bad reviews before we went, but tried it anyway. For one night, pre-cruise, it was just fine. Clean, close, good breakfast. As long as you don't expect a Sheraton or Hilton type hotel, I would recommend it. For us, the price was right......... I don't use priceline so the other hotels around there were quite a bit more expensive.
Old January 22nd, 2005, 10:55 PM
Cruizin K and J

We have made a reservation at the Sheraton. They have a cruise pkg. We're on Concierge Level room ( just because it extends the vacation a day and is fun). Hotel is now undergoing a complete restoration, and we will be there during that, but it's only one night. Relatives used this hotel pre-cruise a couple of years ago and liked it.

Happy sailing to all, including us!

Judy
Old January 30th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Cruizin K and J

We picked the Sheraton. Free shuttle and they'll keep the car for the week.

Judy