Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Pandora

Default Bayside Marketplace area

Does anyone know anything about the area near Clarion Hotel & Suites Miami
100 S.E. 4th Street. Is it in an area that's safe to walk in.
Can you walk to the Bayside Marketplace.

If not can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel in that area?
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Bayside Marketplace area

I would suggest the Holiday Inn Marina Park Hotel. It's right across the street from Bayside Market, so it's very convenient. While it is perfectly safe to walk from that hotel across the street to Bayside, I don't know that I'd venture out anywhere else at night. We've always stayed at that hotel when we've sailed out of Miami, and highly recommend it. It's not too pricey either, depending on time of year. When we went in May, we paid $53/night and that included breakfast.
Old January 31st, 2005, 08:56 AM
hydro-terp

I'll second the Hol. Inn with an asterisk.

Read the article here about Price line. We ended up getting in the Intercontinental for $10 more. Mega sweet.

The little park along the water between the Intercontinental and the Market Place attracts homeless people and beggers at night so be forwarned. Ive never had a problem the six times Ive stayed in the area but some people arent used to that stuff. Miami PD usually has a pretty heavy presence at the Market Place.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:00 AM
zina

hydro-terp, I'm really interested in staying at the Intercontinental. Can you tell me when you stayed, the rate that you paid, and if you used Priceline or some other service?
Old February 4th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Yeoman

Is this the Holiday Inn on Biscayne Blvd? I'm looking for a hotel in Miami for Sept. and the Holiday Inn on Biscayne Blvd. was priced at $89! Do you have a number for the Marina one????
Old February 7th, 2005, 07:19 PM
hydro-terp

<<<hydro-terp, I'm really interested in staying at the Intercontinental. Can you tell me when you stayed, the rate that you paid, and if you used Priceline or some other service?>>>

The price for the Holiday Inn was $139 we got the HI for $149 I think. That was like 4 weeks ago Jan 14/15. We just done what Kuki said in his online article. I'll take the HI all day for $10 more. Ask for a bayside room if you get in so you can see the port/ships when you get up.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...kiReligion.cfm
www.biddingfortravel.com

<<<Is this the Holiday Inn on Biscayne Blvd? >>>
yes
Old April 5th, 2005, 10:25 AM
patticake

we were going to stay at the clarion in miami and i got the worst reviews you could imagine. each one got worse from the last one. i could not find one good thing from anyone who had stayed there.

we arestaying at the hampton inn downtown on brickell ave with 11 people before sailing the next day with carvivals victory to the western carrib. in july. i even called the hotel directly , after making reser for rooms on line, and asked for the menu on their breakfast continental buffet in the morning. we have 5 kids in the group and needed to know what we werefacing in the morning with the food situation. it sounded great. it more than averages out the cost of the room, seeing as we do not have to take everyone out to breakfast. the small number of reviews i got were good.
Old April 26th, 2005, 05:39 PM
hcat

Holiday Inn at Bayside was great--very convenient We had a very reasonable shared ride from FLL to the hotel, there was a nearby Walgreens for last minute purchases & we really liked the Bayside Marketplace--wish I had more time to shop there...very nice stores...Hoel had a nice breakfast menu--not included. Convenient taxii to port. We were on board by around 11:30........ The hotel is clean & service oriented...we will use it again...