Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2005, 03:07 PM
tammyh

Default where to stay post cruise

my family and I are going on a 4 day Disney cruise, we will be back in Port Canevral on 3-17-05, says guests on shore at 7:30 am. I have two questions one is what time can we actually expect to be off the ship and ready to catch the shuttle back to Orlando airport? secondly our flight doesn't leave until around 8:00 that evening, taking into consideration we need to be at the airport and "checked in " about 1 1/2 hours prior to flight time what does one do with the several hours in between? Mother in law is talking about getting a hotel room with a pool and nice dining room so we can stretch out and relax before flying out, also something about checking out shops nearby the airport, can anyone advise me of whether this is a good idea or would we be better off renting a car for a few hours?

Thanks
Tammy
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: where to stay post cruise

You will likely be off the ship by nine or nine-thirty. I would go with the car - it gets you around to a lot of interesting places as well as to the airport when you want to go. We visited Fort Christmas, en route to Orlando. It is a beautiful spot, lots of history, entry is by donation. The kids would love it. It has a plyground and picnic area as well. A lot of people send their Christmas cards from there just for the postmark lol. Most car rental agencies will pick you up at the cruise dock and take you to their office. Have a wonderful trip. TTFN Jennifer