Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2005, 11:44 PM
First Mate

Default hotel in Orlando

Will arrive about 7pm from Seattle. Need advice about a hotel in Orlando. Will any meet us at the airport and then bring us to the boat the next day?
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: hotel in Orlando

To my knowledge, no there is not ... Since you are arriving in the evening, I would find a hotel near the airport, then, either take the Carnival transfer or take a Mears transfer to the port.

If you were arriving earlier, or if you do not have a problem driving, I would recommend renting a car and then driving to Cocoa Beach, staying at a hotel there, turning the car in the next morning and grabbing the rental car's free shuttle ...

Candy

1st Cruise Fantasy 2004
Old June 20th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: hotel in Orlando

Candy,

We are driving to our cruise on the Mariner in July from Kansas City. We are renting a car one way (so as not to wear out our own car with all those miles). We will drive in directly to Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral area the day before.

Can you tell me a great place for the kids for just one night? Somewhere with a fun pool and maybe a grill/bar for the adults by the pool? Also, the best rental car agency that will transport us to the ship?
Old June 20th, 2005, 03:03 PM
L&S80

Kathy.....we're going to Orlando in Sept from Seattle........renting a car, staying in Coco Beach, leaving the car at Hertz & taking their shuttle to the pier.........figured that was the easiest for coming in early.......doing reverse coming back. A few car rentals have one way & drop offs by the pier. Hope this helps.

Sharon

Old June 21st, 2005, 01:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

The Radisson is a great hotel ... the webpage for them is ... http://www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl ... there is a link for the webcam to see the port from that hotel as well ... www.opusad.com

www.tripadvisor.com is a good site to use to take a look at the hotels in the area and to see what others think of them ... also you can get reviews on hotels at ...
expedia.com ...

If you are driving back I would check the rates on keeping the same car ... My sister and I looked into renting a car from Madison, WI to Miami and found that the rates were better for the full time we were gone, even taking into account the cost of leaving the car at a hotel, then renting it for 2 1-ways ...

To me Hertz is the best, but have used Budget and would again.

Candy

1st Cruise Fantasy 2004
Old June 21st, 2005, 08:34 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: hotel in Orlando

Thanks for the great info Candy. I will check into everything you advised.

ciship
Old July 2nd, 2005, 10:49 PM
First Mate

Thanks for all the kind words. I finally booked a nice hotel close to the airport and arranged our trip to the boat thru Mears. All the plans are complete but how do I wait 3 months until I leave? Thanks again to all.