Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Beginner

Default Holiday Inn San Diego BAYSIDE HOTEL/NOT On The Bay Hotel

My family and I are cruising next month and I couldn't pass up an Entertainment Card rate $74.00 at the Holiday Inn Bayside. Seems like it's a nice hotel and I realize this is not the one right across the street from the Pier. Is anyone familiar w/ this area and does anyone feel that a car rental is needed to see some sites. We are only flying in one day early and do not plan on doing too much/ Maybe some shopping and a nice dinner in the evening. If anyone is familiar w/ this property, any advice would sure be appreciated.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Passenger

Hi! Last March, we stayed there post cruise and it was fine. There was one restaurant across the street about a block away...I think it was Italian..very busy and popular. The hotel has a restaurant next door which was O.K. for breakfast. There isn't too much that is walking distance. We also couldn't resist the entertainment rate! If you don't want a car, you may prefer downtown. There is another Holiday Inn and a Best Western. We spent the first night precruise at that Holiday Inn which we got on Hotline for around $50. From there we could walk to Horton's Plaza (a long walk!!!) I think it was called Bayview.