Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default marriott-biscayne bay, (Miami)

Has anyone stayed at this hotel before? nice? close to the port of Miami?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi, We have stayed there for our past 3 cruises Pre and Post. It is a great hotel, the satff is great.The rooms are quiet and comfortable. We like the location. It is attached to a very small Mall if you can even call it that. There is a small news stand and a store to but alcohol and snacks with a Deli and Pizzeria. There are 3 restaurants. One is very expensive but looks good, small with white table cloths, etc. and a chinese Restaurant. The only one we have eaten in is a small Italian one down the other hall. It is great, resonable with good food. You can also take out to your room.
Avoid the Restaurant in the hotel very $$$$. Sometimes the tables were not to clean. If breakfast is included in your stay they put on a great buffet in the am. If you are not a big eater it is expensive. Also there is a small coffe shop with bagels and stuff.
Ther is really not much to do around the hotel. Next door is a small park. They will provide transportation to the Port for you. Sign up when you arrive. They also run shuttles to Bayside Market place and also South Beach. Have used them both and they worked out great. Taxis are available out front with the valets. I cannot think of anything elese, but I will try to answer any questions!
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the Info...
Do you know if all rooms have a view of Cruise Row, I found a picture on Webshots website that showed some one with a view of the cruise ships from their balcony. Do they charge for the shuttles? to the port or the bayside mkt or south beach? Have you stayed at any other hotels that you would reccommend?
Old May 9th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

[img]/countdown.php?month=09&year=2006&day=03&hour=17:00[/img]
Old May 9th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

They do have rooms facing the port. I think that you can request one, but they will not gaurantee. I do not think those rooms have balconies. They do have a sliding glass door that opens up.
I think to charge for the shuttle is $ 4 per person round trip to South Beach, Bayside and the Port. I have gotten the pre cruise package which included transportation to the Port.
We have also stayed at the Intercontinental Downtown which is adjacent to Bayside Market Place. It is BEAUTIFUL and Fancy !!! We happened to get a great price 2 years ago. You can walk to Bayside, but there is not alot around if you need to pick up some snacks etc. This is the business district. You could always take a taxi. Call either hotel, they are so helpful with info. I would stay at the Intercontinental again for a good price. Beware, others have complained sometimes they have music festivals outside at the marketplace with live bands. The noise just bounces off the hotel walls and can be noisy at night.