Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2006, 02:32 PM
Passenger

Default Quality Suites - Cocoa Beach?

Okay after much going through reviews, thinking and careful consideration I canceled the Radison at the Port reservations. Many reviews spoke about people pushing and shoving day of cruise, rush to get breakfast, size of the complex, parking not as secure as port, etc... My own thoughts were that the "included" parking really wasn't when I was paying 189.00 there and could go elsewhere without the parking for far less. ALSO, found out that MANY of the hotels offer the SAME parking lot as the Radison for their cruise parking. Mainly, we don't want to wait for a shuttle either, we'd rather get off the ship, go to the parking area and start the 6 hour drive home.

At any rate, after reviews, photos and such we decided on the Quality Suites Cocoa Beach. It was that or the four points Sheraton which I ruled out because of the reviews of it being loud and many other things. Anyway, we ended up booking two suites at the quality suites 1 block from the beach in case we want to go for a walk. There is no pool on site, just a hot tub, but how likely are we to want to swim in November and we'll have a pool on the ship the next day. The rooms seem large and comfy with a bedroom with 1 or 2 beds and a living room/kitchen with sleeper sofa for 2, fridge and microwave. The regular rate there is 109.00 but with AAA an ocean view king bed suite came out to 98.00 and a non-view would be 80.10. I thought that was good. We got two rooms so we can put two of the kids with my in-laws so basically 2 adults and 2 kids in each room. It looks like a pretty basic place to stay but we were more interested in having space with the size of our group instead of all the little extra's, plus hey it's for one night right.

has anyone stayed here and what did you think?

Lynn and Rob
Sponsored Links