Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Default Holiday Inn - Bayside Marketplace, Miami?

any info would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Admiral

There's a bunch of us staying there from the Century for NYE.....(12-29) We stayed there last year......nice clean place....right across the street from Bayside.....Micky D's behind it........

Sharon
Old December 1st, 2006, 11:16 AM
Admiral

thank -you.
Old January 8th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Admiral

We just stayed there this past weekend and it was very nice. We were on the 10th floor with a room that looked as though it has recently been remodeled. It is right across the street from Bayside Marketplace which is very convenient and it is not far from the port. They have free wireless internet service and also a business center on the second floor. I think you will be pleased with this property. The staff was also very nice.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 25th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Passenger

Mary Lou, Did you have to take a cab from there to the port on the day of your cruise? How muuch is a room there? Thanks.
Old January 26th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Passenger

We stayed there last April and really enjoyed the location. It is right across the street from the Bayside Marketplace. We went there in the afternoon and took a speed boat tour of the bay which was wonderful.

Then we went over for dinner in the evening and just ate at a couple of the fast food type vendors. They have quite a few food vendors on the upper level so you can try several different things if you want for a reasonable price.

We did have to take a taxi to the port, although it was very close. And I think we paid about $135 for the room. I think you might get it cheaper if you book far enough in advance. From what I recall, I think it is non-refundable, too.

Have a great trip and I think you'll enjoy the location of the Holiday Inn. We also enjoyed watching all of the people at night out of our window. There were a lot of people wandering around and there is a pay parking lot in front for people coming to the Bayside Marketplace, so there is a lot to watch.

Mary
Old January 26th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Passenger

I went ahead and booked a room through Holiday Inn at $133. although I know I should have gone through Priceline. I actually screwed up and secured the wrong date over the internet and I called them about an hour later and they changed it without any charge to me....duh....
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Passenger

I think you'll enjoy the location and the Bayside Market Place. You are lucky that they changed your date for you. We tried Priceline for our stay last year and couldn't get anything downtown by bidding up to $125 I think. The year before we got a really nice hotel thru Priceline, but if was recently torn down to make way for more condos.

Have fun.

Mary
Old February 17th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West
Default Re: Holiday Inn - Bayside Marketplace, Miami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaK
any info would be appreciated
The wife and I stayed there in May 2006 for our precruise stay for our Valor cruise. Very nice Motel, clean, with great service. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
We took a cab from the airport to the motel. Sunday morning, we took a cab from the motel to the pier. Took about 10 - 15 minutes to get there.
The port of Miami was really organized. We arrived at the pier around 11.00am, and was onboard the Valor before noon. Amazing
Enjoy your stay and cruise;
Happy Sailing to all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
Passenger

Gosh, I had to say this with all these great reviews, but hubby and I stayed there before our first cruise and the room were were put in had many many many little tiny ants. We first noticed them on the bedside stand then in the bathroom. They were everywhere even coming out of the clock.

We waited forever for the front desk to move us to our new room and finally they moved us the front of the hotel and a bigger room. We were satisfied with the end-result.

Also, I chose this hotel in 2003 because of the recommendations on this board and I think my incident was isolated. I would try this hotel and any other recommendations again!

Jewel Of The Seas 04/01/2007

Majesty of the Seas 11/17/2003