Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Passenger

Default Orlando or Port Canavaral Hotel?

Cruising in March on RC out of Port Canavaral. Flying into Orlando the day before. Wondering if we should book a room in Orlando - if so which is our best choice - & will they have a shuttle to take us to the port? Or should we take a cab (or something?) to Port Canavaral & get a hotel there? Then grab a cab to the ship the next day. If we do that then how do we get back to the airport after the cruise? Sorry if I sound dumb!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2006, 07:31 AM
Passenger

Default orlando

a cab from orlando to port will be extremely expensive $150 r so?and not sure i you would find one to go far from his city and have to do the return trip..Look into car rental perhaps.I don't think any hotels provide shuttle

you can try this or buy transfers through cruiselin
http://www.mearstransportation.com/CruiseTrans.htm
Old January 21st, 2007, 08:50 PM
Beginner

Default port canavaral also

We are leaving on the sensation from Port canavaral. This is what I decided to do.
Budget rental car from airport to Port Canvaral.
We got a room at Radission- Resort at the Port. The hotel will get you to your ship, and Budget is very close will also shuttle to and from port after cruise.
Just something to think about. good luck have fun!!
Old January 29th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Passenger

We were wondering the same thing about transportation, and decided to splurge and get a limo to Port Canaveral. We also are staying at the Radisson in Port Canaveral. You must reserve the shuttle to the ship beforehand though. We reserved us right away when I made the reservations.
Iberostar Quetzal - Mexico 11/06
Old February 1st, 2007, 04:50 PM
Beginner

Don't know if you made your reservations for your hotel before your cruise already, but I noticed that several people suggested the Radisson at the Port. Take their advice, the place is great. We will be there next week. We usually get there 2 days before the cruise, that gives us a couple of days to enjoy the hotel and area. Also, go to Rusty's for drinks and dinner on Friday night, you will see any ships that go out. Great place.
Have fun.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 11:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

We just stayed at the Marriott Residence inn in Cape Canaveral, Very nice hotel, pool area not as nice as the Radisson but it is a newer hotel. They had a good breakfast that was included. It is almost right next door to the Radisson. It is between the Radisson and the Cruise terminal. We went to the port for dinner the night before to a place called fish lips, It is a bar and local hang out. Food was very good, highly recommend.

Carnival Spirit - Mexican Riviera
Carnival Glory 2007
RCCL Navigator of the Sea 2004
Carnival Elation 2002
Old February 5th, 2007, 06:46 PM
First Mate

Default hotel in orlando

I'm flying into orlando the day before my cruise, and flying out the day aftrer my cruise, so my travel agent is looking for a hotel ner the airport with a free shuttle to the airport - where I will catch the tranfer to the ship. Then the same on my reverse trip. I don't want to deal with rentals
Old February 5th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Admiral

There is the Hyatt right there at the airport, no shuttle involved. It is located in the "mall" part of the airport, before you take the tram over to the terminals. You can shop and have a nice dinner right there.

I have stayed at the AmeriSuites about 1/2 mile from the airport and it was nice. They had an airport shuttle and continental breakfast.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302