Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:04 AM
Beginner

Default About travelling Spain

Spring is on its way. So I plan to make a travel to Spain, A beautiful country. But I have never been to Europe for a holiday and especially not to Spain. I hope someone can give me some constructive suggestions to help me make a happy trip there. Any suggestion?
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Hi Tideway, unfortunately your quesiton is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. There is just so much to do in any European country, you really need to have a good idea of what suits you.

Spain has some marvellous cities, each with it's own 'personality'. There are hundreds if not thousands of beaches, countryside as far as you can see, history, clubbing, activity centres, the list just goes on & on.

If you can give us an idea of what you would like to see, we'll give you our honest opinion of which parts are most likely to suit.

Remember, Europeans tend to travel by train or car rather than planes, so what may be considered a close city in the States may be a couple of days travel to get to in Europe.

But a quick snapshot would be Seville or Madrid for history, Barcelona for nightlife & culture, south coast for Party Nights & LOUD music, South west for Gibraltar & Africa, and the North for the mountains.

Sorry I cannot be of more help, but let us know what you like & we'll take it from there,

best wishes,

Alan & Katrina
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam