Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Passenger

Default FORT LAUDERDALE HOTELS--see it in plain/reasonable/clean set

Rob + Roy have their AIRPLANE TICKETS for RSVP "Exotic Caribbean" Cruise for February-March 2008. (On the last two cruises weather cut off a whole day each time in FLL. This time (3 days pre-cruise) I would like to see the beach and Las Olas / Riverwalk --we can walk some but hope to be near the water taxis/public transportation.)
BUT NONE OF THE HOTELS (even the $409 Embassy Suites we stayed in in 2003) COMES RECOMMENDED BY USERS ON THE BLOGS. OUR AGENT has what appears to be a $10 daily discount from $250 "rack rates" at 2 hotels near the Embassy--but I am hoping to do better, if fellow travelers can help me find something acceptable. (I could do with the $25/night youth hostel, but the two joining me--i.e., Roy + Jack-- see otherwise!)

[color=indigo]YOUR SUGESSTIONS FOR CLEAN/HANDYand REASONABLE gay resort or gay-friendly hotels for the period 3 days before the cruise (and we have a whole afternoon free before leaving from the airport to go back to snowy/cold Philadelphia...we WILL appreciate and acknowledge. --Rob+Roy (Cabin 5131 / MS Zuiderdam) Arrow [/color]
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Passenger

Default Ft. Lauderdale Hotel

February and March are in the "high season" here in south Florida, with mostly college students from the cold northern states taking in the beaches during their winter/spring breaks! Still, there are some reasonably priced hotels on or near the beach. Best place to get the best prices are at web-sites such as www.hoteldiscounts.com and/or www.kayak.com
Old September 29th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Admiral

Have you tried Priceline? I think this past March we got the Renaissance for under $150 for our post cruise stay. We stayed at the Embassy Suites pre cruise using our govt rate which was nice but not available post cruise. In the past we have "won" the Bahia Mar which sound like something you are looking for. They have a great walkway over the hwy to the beach. Try FLL downtown 4* then 3*. Good luck.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302