Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Passenger

Default Rodeway Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port

Can any one tell me about this hotel in FLL

Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Passenger

My husband and I stayed here pre and post-cruise. Very interesting place. It was an experience! The manager Izzy is a hoot! The place is really sort of chaotic since a lot of people stay for cruises. They could use a couple more desk people. But, if you can be a little patient, it's no big deal. Although, we didn't note that their check-in is at 3:00pm, which was no problem pre-cruise, but since they kick you off the ship tout-suite in the am and the ship we were on only had one shuttle from MIA to FLL and it was right away. So, we had to just hang out in the hotel lobby and restaurant for about 5 hrs. There's nothing to walk to close to the hotel. It's really close to the interstate and other really busy thoroughfares. I would highly recommend not getting the ship's shuttle and hiring the hotels shuttle to come get you instead so you can hang out for awhile somewhere else (Although, you're probably sailing out of FLL, huh? In that case, I don't think there's an extra charge and I don't know what's near the FLL pier.) Their shuttle service was really prompt at the airport. The shuttle drivers Magambo and Juan were really great...friendly and sweet.

There's a great restaurant not too far from the hotel...the something Crab House...ask Izzy or the shuttle drivers, they can tell you. It was so fantastic! The shuttle took us there as a favor. We tipped him a few bucks (maybe we should've tipped more, because he got really busy and couldn't pick us up. We waited an hour and a half and ended up walking the couple miles back at 8:30 at night...a little scary. But, still worth it!) It doesn't look like much, but lots of famous people go there and the food was rockin'!

Also, there's no fitness room, so since I'm a freak, I ran around the hotel about a hundred times to get my exercise. Not a problem, unless you're a compulsive runner like me!

So, to sum up...don't get there too early, no fitness room, get the hotel's shuttle service and eat at the Crab House.

Have a blast!