Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Passenger

Default Hotel FLL

I am trying to choose between the Best Western Oceanside, which is a regular hotel room, and the Doubletree Suites located at the Galleria mall; two full days pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale next March. I currently have reservations at both. Our group consists of mom, dad, fourteen year old daughter. Best Western is in what I understand to be an excellent location, but at the Doubletree we would have a separate bedroom and two televisions, water taxi at hotel, and the mall nearby. Doubltree is about 75.00 more for entire stay, which isn't really playing into my decision, but I don't want to give up the location at the BW if it's an incredibly stupid thing to do. Thought it might be nice to have separate sleeping quarters for a couple of nights before we are together in the cabin for five nights, so am wondering if the location of the Doubletree is a good one.
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
Passenger

That would be a good choice.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:41 PM
Passenger

Ed; sorry I didn't get your full screen name. Thanks for your response about the Doubletree. My TA said that this hotel is further from the beach and the port, but close to the mall (an interest for my fourteen year old). I'm not too concerned about being a few blocks off of the beach, as we will only be in FLL two days, and will have plenty to do. However, if the Doubletree is further from Port Everglades than is the Best Western, will the taxi fare to the port be a great deal higher?
Old November 20th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I also have reservations at the Best Western Oceanside ~ is there a problem w/this place? My understanding is that we are within walking distance to the water taxi and the beach. We are staying for 2 nights after our cruise in Feb.
Old November 20th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Passenger

Coco

I'm not thinking that there is a problem with the BW Oceanside, it's just that the Doubletree Gallery One provides a separate sleeping area for my daughter and has an extra television, since the hotel offers suite only accomodations. It's a little more expensive, though, even for the least expensive room, and I'm not sure if the taxi ride from the airport and to the cruise pier is more than at the BW.
Old November 20th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Paigelee~
Thanks for your response! Never stayed in FLL before, so not as sure of hotels/area!