Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Familiar Face

Default Where to stay in Seattle?

We are flying to Seattle pre-cruise on Royal Caribbean next summer. Post-cruise we are staying in Seattle for two nights to do some sightseeing. Where is the best place to stay? We'd preferrably like to have a hotel that offers free or cheap transportation to and from the cruise port. There will be 10 adults on the trip, no kids.
Carnival Dream (Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya) - June '11
Carnival Freedom (Key West, Grand Cayman, Jamaica) Dec. '12
Carnival Sunshine (Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk) - June '14
Carnival Fantasy (Caribbean) - Dec. '14
Carnival Liberty (Alaska) - June '15
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Openwater,
I just finished hours online, looking at hotels from DT to South Side in Seattle for a pre-cruise stay. The ones that seem nice and clean are too expensive (my frugal opinion).
If you stay on the South Side, you might get free airport shuttle, but it is not close to downtown or many of the other sights. I decided on B&B's, and eventually booked one on Capitol Hill. Since there are 10 of you, the B&B I am trying (The Corner House) would not work for you, but do some research, try Seattle lodging web, trip advisor, etc., and seriously consider a B&B. There are alot in the Capitol Hill area. I also contacted 11th Ave B&B, the owner David replied within a day of my email. Tho there were no rooms avail. for the dates I needed, he was kind enough to give me suggestions. The rate - I believe - was $127 and included breakfast. Most if not all the B&B's require a 2-night min. stay and the hotel tax of 15+% is about 1/2 that for the B&B's I contacted.
Good luck, safe travels,
Nona
Old March 9th, 2008, 08:03 PM
First Mate

Default My Pre/Post Hotels - June 08

Sailing out of Seattle this June...first trip to Seattle and Alaska. I've booked the Clarion right across the street from the airport, the night before the cruise. Booked it online for $85.00, includes all tax and they pick you up at the airport via their own shuttle. They said it's $18.00 for one way to the cruise pier from the Clarion and they can call the "Express Shuttle" for me. Princess Cruise line quoted the same shuttle/price when I contacted them...so this is a Seattle shuttle service.

Upon return - staying at a B&B a few blocks from the pier and only 1 1/2 blocks from Pike Market at "Inn at Harbor Steps" (downtown area). Booked online for $168.00 including the 6.5% tax - was $200.00+ when I called them directly. They have free hordourves (misspelled) and wine tasting in the afternoon...and full made to order breakfast in the morning. Check out the beautiful room suites on their website. I'll take a taxi from the cruise terminal to the B&B and then again to the airport for return trip home.

I found both of these by researching available hotels online. By the way...if you stay in the downtown area...you can take the metro free of charge during weekday hours and even take it to the monorail which then takes you to the space needle.

Good Luck!