CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Hotels (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/hotels/)
-   -   Favorite Miami hotel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/hotels/351439-favorite-miami-hotel.html)

Puddin May 22nd, 2008 12:42 PM

Favorite Miami hotel

I'm planning a family cruise for next June. I need a hotel that is no too far from the port and family friendly. I've stayed at the Interncontinental hotel a couple times before and liked that because of the little shops and places to eat so close by...would love other suggestions.

wakedreams May 27th, 2008 12:56 AM

I have stayed at the Hyatt, and I personally had a wonderful time.
also stayed at the intercontinental

I am currently booked at the Holiday inn near the Port, and we expect to have just as much fun.

I paid about the same for all 3 hotels on Hotwire and Priceline. .. 125.00
Hyatt in 2005
Intercontinental 2006
Holiday inn 2008

IloveVegas June 5th, 2008 04:56 PM

Cruising in July :D and I booked Holiday Inn Port of Miami after doing a lot of research and reading alot of positive posts.

Although, I booked it 2 months ago and today I checked the price again out of curiosisty and the price is $37 less. Oh well, I"m not gonna cry over $37.

SeaWench June 10th, 2008 08:44 PM

My hubby and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Great location. Right accross the street from the Bayside Market place and from the port. You can see all the ships lined up and early in the morning you can see the ships pull in before sunrise and they look so pretty lit up.

We had a blast at the Bayside market. Lots to do, shopping, live music, boat rides. We took the Thriller high speed boat ride and it was a blast, they take you past the cruise ships, to star island, southbeach. Lots of food too. Try a Cuban sandwhich and a Pina Colada.Hmmmm

Highly recommend the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Great breakfast in the morning too :)

cruisedemon June 24th, 2008 09:01 AM

Personally I've stayed at the hotels near the port and find all of them a bit dirty and run down. Not too mention way to expensive for what you get. I now just pay the price for transportation and stay in south beach. I arrive in early to take advantage of going to a nice place to eat and go to the beach. It's well worth it IMO.

radamo June 24th, 2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisedemon
Personally I've stayed at the hotels near the port and find all of them a bit dirty and run down. Not too mention way to expensive for what you get. I now just pay the price for transportation and stay in south beach. I arrive in early to take advantage of going to a nice place to eat and go to the beach. It's well worth it IMO.

I have done the same thing when out of Miami... Last time we stayed at the South Seas Hotel. It was ok room wise but in a nice beach front location with a nice pool area.

Our next trip we may try the Marriott that is right on Ocean Drive. Anybody have any other beach front gems that are maybe priced a bit better than the Marriott?

RA

jamesinphx June 25th, 2008 02:05 PM

Favorite Miami Hotel

My wife and I are taking the Liberty of the Seas out of Miami in November. Really looking forward to it. We, too, were wondering about hotels in Miami to stay the night before the cruise. Does anyone know if the Holiday Inn Port of Miami or the Intercontinental have free transfers to the ship, or do you need to take a cab?

IloveVegas July 7th, 2008 12:27 PM

Holiday Inn Port of Miami, you need to take a cab.

slmfarr July 11th, 2008 12:49 AM

what about luxury hotels after the cruise, we want to be in southbeach...and stay for a couple of days...what are the best pool and oceanfront hotels in southbeach?

Robert6260 July 23rd, 2008 04:09 PM

The Sagamore in South Beach is very nice. I stayed there precruise last year.

merlin_lee July 28th, 2008 12:58 AM

Hi friend you go through the online travel guides available now days as they will definitely help you. Some of them also deals in cruise booking also.

Cassandra August 20th, 2008 06:13 PM

We're staying at the Marriott SB Oceanside in October with a oceanfront room. Will let you know how it is, but seems to get good reviews over on the TA review site.

Cassandra September 3rd, 2008 12:42 PM

If you want luxury, try Mandarian (sp?). It's pretty expensive, but it's supposed to be really nice.

nutmeg1282 September 4th, 2008 12:14 PM

so I booked our hotel and now we are starting to think its a pretty run down place, stupid me though we can't cancel. anyone know anything about the Days Inn Westland?

sconner January 21st, 2012 08:37 PM

You know if you call the hotel and tell them the price went down they should reduce the current rate for you.