Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Most Galveston Hotels Are Open For Business

Some of you may probably already know this but if not, this is what I have found:

I have contacted my partner hotels in Galveston (Hilton and Choice) and have been told that most services are available. The Hampton Inn & Suites does not have internet yet but they are working to restore it. The shuttle bus will be back running by the beginning of the year if not sooner. The Quality Inn is nearly 100% back to normal. I was told that most other hotel are also open and running despite what some websites are saying.

You may have to call the hotel directly, which is good since the Hampton rep tells me that some of their insternet based reservation systems are not completely working. Also I have noted that the Choice Hotel rates are very high booked on line ...Econo Lodge for $200 (not even in San Antonio for Fiesta at this type of hotel), so you are interested in staying at a Choice property hotel you may want to call the hotel direct for correct rates.

I also asked about gas and resturants and have been told that everything is pretty normal for the most part.

I will be staying at the Hampton and was told that they allow cruise parking for $25 and will shuttle you to the pier. Thats about $10 cheaper then either EZ Cruise or Lighthouse.

Sponsored Links