Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2010, 03:34 PM
First Mate

Smile Post Cruise Hotel In Venice

Would like your recommendations for nice hotel (reasonable) for Venice in July or October after cruise. Stayed last time about 10 blocks from cruise dock. OK--but not that good.THANKS
Old February 18th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Right off the bat I should say I like budget hotels. We stayed at the La Locanda Di Orsaria in Venice. I like to book directly with the hotel so here is the website if you are interested. Bed and Breakfast Venice | Locanda di Orsaria Venice | Official Site | Small Hotel 3 star in Venice near Santa Lucia Station like a B&B in Strada Nuova in Venice This hotel does not have an elevator, but is walking distance from the train station and near a water bus stop. The service was very good there and the rooms clean and comfy. I could not hear trains at night and slept very well. My mom has bad knees so I requested her a room on the first floor. My mom and dad were in room 52 on the ground floor, the room was pretty big for a europe budget hotel.

My dad would thought he would hate Venice and the hotel ended up having a great time and loving the hotel and staff. At night we had coffee and chatted with the night clerk very interesting guy. The restuarants he suggested were very good and for a good price. Here are the tripadvisor reviews, there are also travellers photos which will give you are idea of the hotel. La Locanda di Orsaria (Venice, Italy) - Inn Reviews - TripAdvisor

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 21st, 2010, 01:14 PM
Admiral

You can usually get better prices booking directly with a hotel - that way, they don't have to pay a commission to a booking site.

I liked ca Doge in Venice - right on Piazzale Roma and not expensive. Also no elevator and not on the water, but they will bring your luggage to the room.

If it was where you stayed last time, oops, never mind, but I still like it.

Cą Doge - Venezia
Old March 4th, 2010, 05:35 PM
First Mate

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the post---I will check them out
Old April 25th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

In 2007 my wife and I stayed at the Rialto Hotel for three nights. The Rialto Hotel is right next to the Rialto Bridge; you have tons of shopping there and good resturaunts; there is a back alley behind the Rialto hotel which takes you to St. Marks square (about a five min walk); there are lots of shops in the alley while you walk to St. Marks. The Rialto Hotel is right on one of the big canals, so catching the vaparetto ferry or water taxi is right out the front steps of the hotel. We were there in May; we sailed on Splendour of the Seas.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old April 28th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Admiral

Having stayed there both pre and post cruise I can recommend the hotel Santa Chiara in Venice.

You get to it by land from the airport, ie normal taxi as it is beside the bus station (thats not a problem) and right outside its door you are on the canals with a water bus/ taxi terminal. Its not what I would call a cheap hotel, but nothing in Venice is. Great location for joining or leaving ship as its all by land. Here is a link to their website

Venice hotel - Hotel Santa Chiara - Hotel in venice - Venezia hotel - Albergo a Venezia - Home
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Admiral

We booked "Domina Hotel Giudecca" through hotels . com. It was a four and a half star (Trip Advisor) boutique hotel in a very pleasant neighborhood, right on the water. The hotel was beautiful, the beds were fantastic, and the free breakfast was as good as it gets. The price was extremely reasonable too. We were about as happy as we could possibly have been.And what an amazing bargain for the outstanding quality.