Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile Flying into FLL cruising out of POM

We are planning a cruise on Royal Caribbean and are flying into Fort Lauderdale and were wondering if we should stay in Fort Lauderdale and shuttle to Miami or shuttle to Miami and stay in hotel there. Any suggestions on hotels and shuttle would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Admiral

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn in FT. L. for a night prior to our cruise .Its a great property .
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

SAS Transport Quality Shuttle Service at Affordable Prices is a great reliable shuttle service that charges $15.00 pp. I have used them many times, as I prefer to fly into Fll, where we precruise.

Hyatt Place, The Renaissance Holiday Inn Express, Embassy Suites..all these hotels are right by the port, on A1A...Try Pricleine and use 4 stars downtown for Lauderdale... I have had very good luck, using that criteria. Got the Ren for $79.00..You can check at www.biddingfortravel.com to see what Priceline is getting for your date, to use as a guideline.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 7th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for the info.
Old February 8th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Admiral

I totally agree with the others we much prefer to fly into Ft. Lauderdale, stay there and then grab the shuttle to Miami, Ft. Lauderdale airport is such less a hassle than Miami, and the area that Trip spoke of has restaurants, strip mall and grocery store all within a reasonable walking distance, and a couple of the hotels overlook the Ft. Lauderdale cruise port, so you can see the ships coming in in the wee early morning hours, just one more thing to get you into cruise mode.
Old March 13th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Tri rail service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
SAS Transport Quality Shuttle Service at Affordable Prices is a great reliable shuttle service that charges $15.00 pp. I have used them many times, as I prefer to fly into Fll, where we precruise.

Hyatt Place, The Renaissance Holiday Inn Express, Embassy Suites..all these hotels are right by the port, on A1A...Try Pricleine and use 4 stars downtown for Lauderdale... I have had very good luck, using that criteria. Got the Ren for $79.00..You can check at www.biddingfortravel.com to see what Priceline is getting for your date, to use as a guideline.
The Tri Rail "TRAIN" has service $5 PP Fort Lauderdale Airport to Miami Airport.
I PREFER TO STAY CLOSE TO PORT OF DEPARTURE.
Old March 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I precruise in Lauderdale with family and friends so for us a shuttle is no biggie, we rent a car and go all around.....many Cruisemates choose to fly with whatever city is less expensive. Cruise air as well, often interchanges Fll and Miami as well.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator