CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Hotels (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/hotels/)
-   -   FLL Embassy Suites or Renaissance? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/hotels/385423-fll-embassy-suites-renaissance.html)

mudley October 11th, 2011 10:11 PM

FLL Embassy Suites or Renaissance?

Both about the same price but parking at Renaissance much more, and ES has breakfast. What to do?

Trip October 11th, 2011 10:55 PM

I cannot compare the two, as I have only stayed at the Ren, and I love that hotel. Room and bedding is wonderful. The hotel is next door to a wonderful resturant, The Bimini Boat Yard. I have stayed there several times, and that is my hotel of choice, if the hotel gods, and, priceline align:)

LisaK October 12th, 2011 09:27 AM

i will take the other side of Trips post, i have not stayed at the Renn, but have stayed at the Embassy twice. It is a gorgeous hotel, love the atrium and pool area. Rooms are all suites so that is nice, breakfast is good, and it is a short walk to the Biminy Boatyard which is one of my favs also

61maris61 October 24th, 2011 04:56 PM

Parking For How Long?

Are you parking overnight, or leaving your car when you go on a cruise? There might be some other hotels with Park & Cruise packages, though they might not be as nice as either of your original choices.

Haven't stayed at either one, but both have excellent reviews. We'll be staying at the Embassy Suites in January pre-cruise; we're flying in, so parking is a non-issue.

What I like about Embassy is its Happy Hour where you can mingle with others (many fellow cruisers most likely).

PS: In Norfolk, Va 2 years ago we stayed at a Residence Inn overnight, left our car in their lot with their permission, and saved $150 in parking fees, which more than paid for the hotel stay. If you could find a deal like that in FLL, that might be worth considering.

mudley November 3rd, 2011 07:58 PM

not parking there just staying overnight with family, need 3 rooms.
I have stayed in both myself but cant decide.

CA Cruiser November 3rd, 2011 09:27 PM

We have stayed stayed at both, getting the Renaissance on Priceline. We prefer the Embassy Suites. The time we stayed at the ES pre-cruise then the Ren post, we walked down to the ES to print out boarding passes for our early morning flight the next morning because Ren wanted to charge and ES has a free Internet kiosk in the lobby. We like the 2 room suites, free breakfast and happy hour ES offers too. There are 2 steak houses, grocery & misc stores within walking distance. We have them booked for next March already using our Hilton Honor points for a free stay :mrgreen:.

Dannyboy November 25th, 2011 07:53 PM

Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudley (Post 1396607)
Both about the same price but parking at Renaissance much more, and ES has breakfast. What to do?

Both are great hotels, Embassy is better location to restaurants/shopping/markets, plus the Sun Trolly has a stop in shopping center next to Embassy Suites.
Go online and check out the Sun Trolly, great for getting around town.

Dannyboy November 25th, 2011 07:58 PM

I prefer the Embassy too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA Cruiser (Post 1399990)
We have stayed stayed at both, getting the Renaissance on Priceline. We prefer the Embassy Suites. The time we stayed at the ES pre-cruise then the Ren post, we walked down to the ES to print out boarding passes for our early morning flight the next morning because Ren wanted to charge and ES has a free Internet kiosk in the lobby. We like the 2 room suites, free breakfast and happy hour ES offers too. There are 2 steak houses, grocery & misc stores within walking distance. We have them booked for next March already using our Hilton Honor points for a free stay :mrgreen:.

Both hotels have free internet Kiosk,

Dannyboy November 25th, 2011 08:01 PM

Restaurants and hotels

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaK (Post 1396665)
i will take the other side of Trips post, i have not stayed at the Renn, but have stayed at the Embassy twice. It is a gorgeous hotel, love the atrium and pool area. Rooms are all suites so that is nice, breakfast is good, and it is a short walk to the Biminy Boatyard which is one of my favs also

The Renn is in same lot as Biminy Boat Yard.