CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Hotels (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/hotels/)
-   -   Port Everglades htl q. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/hotels/386705-port-everglades-htl-q.html)

Mmketeer December 27th, 2011 03:17 PM

Port Everglades htl q.

I found the Doubletree for a pre-cruise hotel package. But it's $300 for a one night stay and shuttle (not owned by Doubletree) that will pick us up at 12:45 in the afternoon. Does anyone have a better suggestion? The price seems a bit high for Janurary and don't you want to get onboard in time to have lunch?

Any suggestions for a hotel there at the port with a pre-cruise deal?

Thanks!

Trip December 27th, 2011 03:43 PM

You are smack in the middle of high season,as I will be for my March cruise. I just got Hyatt Pier 66 for $95.00 per night.The port is so close, that any hotel on A1A, 17 St Causeway area is a cheap cab to the port,

Bid 4 star downtown..whatever you get will be a great, close hotel...I started at $80.00,and went up.

The package you are looking at is quite high, I think......you might have to pay more due to your date, as I am at the end of high season, but, I do think, you will get it cheaper then the Doubletree offer.

Golden1 December 27th, 2011 03:49 PM

$300.00 seems a bit high to me, too, even for high season. Try Marriot Harbor Beach, Yankee Clipper Sheraton, Embassy Suites on 17th Street Causeway

Trip December 27th, 2011 04:24 PM

Golden, the hotels you mention go from $429 for th Marriott, The Sheraton FLL, formerly the Yankee Clipper is $309,and the least pricey is ES, at $249, for the random January dates I put in...

Just looking for my cruise in March, I was surprised to see such high rates. It's too bad Amerisuites sold out to Hyatt...used to be able to get reasonable rates there, but, they are now Hyatt prices.:(

I realize some are leary of not knowing, via Priceline, but, bidding 4 star there, downtown, you really can't go wrong. I got the Reanissance via PL, a couple of times with good deals as well.

Manuel December 27th, 2011 05:35 PM

The Rodeway Inn is priced reasonably and the have a free shuttle and a nice breakfast.

TM

Golden1 December 27th, 2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1407217)
Golden, the hotels you mention go from $429 for th Marriott, The Sheraton FLL, formerly the Yankee Clipper is $309,and the least pricey is ES, at $249, for the random January dates I put in...

Just looking for my cruise in March, I was surprised to see such high rates. It's too bad Amerisuites sold out to Hyatt...used to be able to get reasonable rates there, but, they are now Hyatt prices.:(

I realize some are leary of not knowing, via Priceline, but, bidding 4 star there, downtown, you really can't go wrong. I got the Reanissance via PL, a couple of times with good deals as well.

Oh, I didnt realize that. I guess I am a little out of touch! Your plan sounds like a much better one!