CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Hotels (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/hotels/)
-   -   Ft Lauderdale hotel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/hotels/399459-ft-lauderdale-hotel.html)

naturist October 15th, 2013 04:53 PM

Ft Lauderdale hotel

I need some suggestions on a good, not too expensive hotel with airport pickup and shuttle to the ship the next day. Don't need anything fancy or over the top, and it will only be for 1 night.

Trip October 15th, 2013 04:56 PM

Try the Rodeway Inn, Lauderdale....you can check a sticky post on this subject under Hotels..

thecruisequeen October 15th, 2013 06:22 PM

Stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites a few times no complaints airport pickup and shuttle to ship was around 7.00 per person. some shopping also within walking distance.

Staying at Hilton Garden next....never stayed there before.

Manuel October 15th, 2013 10:20 PM

I have stayed three times at the Rodeway Inn and will probably do so again for my next cruise.

TM

Dave Beers October 15th, 2013 11:00 PM

My new "go to" in Fort Lauderdale is the Hampton Inn Airport North. Great shuttle service from the airport and to the port. Nice rooms, great staff. There is a shopping center across the street and a McDonald's next door. That is all I need for a pre-cruise hotel night. It's all about just being in the port city the day before the cruise.

Aerogirl November 6th, 2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1487150)
I have stayed three times at the Rodeway Inn and will probably do so again for my next cruise.

TM

We wouldn't even think about staying anywhere other than the Roadway Inn.
Great cruise hotel, clean comfy rooms, shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port.
Everyone staying there for the most part are heading for a ship and people are in great moods and fun to talk with. Izzy the manager is pretty cool as well. We're flying into FLL for our cruise out of Miami but are staying here and taking a car down to the POM. They do offer a shuttle to POM also.

storybookcruises.com November 6th, 2013 11:50 PM

Just got this email about an hour ago from a client of mine:

I booked the Rodeway Inn at the Ft. Lauderdale airport, and they provide free shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise pier. On the AAA website, the total for the hotel is $104.89.

Pete

Sistersolo November 7th, 2013 10:01 AM

The Comfort Inn also provides free shuttles to/from airport and to/from the cruiseport. And breakfast, too.

Comet Cruiser November 26th, 2013 01:06 AM

Hi everyone!

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn on a recommendation from Manuel and found it to be wonderful!!

Close to the cruiseport and found Izzy the manager fantastic! We also seen him on the Oasis during our cruise :D

I would recommend this hotel for sure!!

Gail
Comet Cruiser