Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2014, 04:34 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Thumbs up Hyatt Regency Pier 66 near Port Everglades

Hyatt Regency Pier 66
$99/$129 -- Ft. Lauderdale 4-Star Resort w/Breakfast for 2 and a complimentary upgrade.

LIMITED DATES

What's included:

• $99 ... Sundays-Thursdays
  • $129 ... Fridays-Saturdays
  • Breakfast buffet for two!
  • Complimentary one-category upgrade to a room with a balcony or marina views
  • All guests receive complimentary Wi-Fi, beach shuttle and access to Park 66, featuring lawn games and kids cabanas
  • Room price is based on two guests

About the hotel: This is one of the older hotels in Fort Lauderdale, however the rooms are large and the beds are fairly comfortable.

The Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six is on the Intracoastal Waterway (WATER TAXI) pick-up to check-out the restaurants on the water.
Other highlights include a full-service aquatic center, three pools and FREE shuttles to Fort Lauderdale beach.
  • Fort Lauderdale Airport around 15 minutes by Taxi & cost around $14
  • Port Everglades, less than one mile away, the Taxi is around $10
    This deal is not available on: June 10-12, 26-29; July 3-5, 21-26; Aug. 1-2.
    Book by June 2. On Travel Zoo website under hotels in Fort Lauderdale.
NOTE: You can not book this deal direct with Hyatt only through Travel Zoo

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
2301 S.E. 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, 33316

Tel: +1 954 525 6666
Fax: +1 954 728 3541

Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2014, 05:00 PM
Captain

Thumbs up Water Taxi

[QUOTE=Dannyboy;1501372]Hyatt Regency Pier 66
$99/$129 -- Ft. Lauderdale 4-Star Resort w/Breakfast for 2 and a complimentary upgrade.

LIMITED DATES

What's included:

• $99 ... Sundays-Thursdays
  • $129 ... Fridays-Saturdays
  • Breakfast buffet for two!
  • Complimentary one-category upgrade to a room with a balcony or marina views
  • All guests receive complimentary Wi-Fi, beach shuttle and access to Park 66, featuring lawn games and kids cabanas
  • Room price is based on two guests

About the hotel: This is one of the older hotels in Fort Lauderdale, however the rooms are large and the beds are fairly comfortable.

The Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six is on the Intracoastal Waterway (WATER TAXI) pick-up to check-out the restaurants on the water.
Other highlights include a full-service aquatic center, three pools and FREE shuttles to Fort Lauderdale beach.
  • Fort Lauderdale Airport around 15 minutes by Taxi & cost around $14
  • Port Everglades, less than one mile away, the Taxi is around $10
    This deal is not available on: June 10-12, 26-29; July 3-5, 21-26; Aug. 1-2.
    Book by June 2. On Travel Zoo website under hotels in Fort Lauderdale.
NOTE: You can not book this deal direct with Hyatt only through Travel Zoo

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
2301 S.E. 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, 33316

Tel: +1 954 525 6666
Fax: +1 954 728 3541

GROUPON.COM
The Deal Expires on May 31st
  • $22 for two all-day adult water-taxi passes ($44 value)
    Water Taxi
    Any taxi can get you from point A to point B. But the Water Taxi makes it interesting in a way no land vehicle can, affording unique views of Birch State Park's natural landscapes and the bustling Fort Lauderdale Riverwalk along the way. The destinations tend to be equally scenic. As it travels throughout Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood, the Water Taxi makes 19 stops at places ranging from beautiful beaches to acclaimed restaurants.
    Hitting them all is easy with hop-on, hop-off service, which makes it convenient for waterfront residents and visitors to get around. Riders can pick up tickets on board, online, or at several area hotels. In addition to the regular schedule, captains guide Water Taxi's vessels for private chartered voyages, such as moonlight cruises and scavenger hunts.
Water taxis ferry riders all across Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood with convenient hop-on, hop-off access at 19 different stops
The Fine Print

Expires Oct 29th, 2014. Limit 5 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased.
Subject to availability. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Water Taxi Routes – Ft. Lauderdale and Hollywood

Looking at the map, Water Taxi’s route services three main loops, with stops shuttling between the cities’ most exiting attractions: The Main Loop heads runs east-to-west on the New River from the cruise port area (near Stop #5) towards Downtown Restaurants and Esplanade Park. The Northern Loop connects from the Main Route at Stop #9 (Double Tree Gallery One Hotel), and extends north to il Lugano Hotel (north of Oakland Blvd.). The Hollywood Route connects to the Main Route at Stop #5 (under the 17th St. Bridge), and extends south along the cruise port to the Westin Diplomat Hotel on Hollywood Beach.
Vessel capacities are regulated by the United States Coast Guard, and may not be exceeded. Boarding is first come, first served with ticket holders boarding first.
Crew members are permitted to accept gratuities. If you enjoyed your trip, please consider leaving a tip to show your appreciation.
Be sure to look at the Hollywood Trolley Schedule! Service Wednesday-Sunday.
Stop 6 - Hyatt Regency Pier 66

Stop #6 at The Hyatt Regency Pier 66 is temporarily not in service due to pier construction at the site. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please call the office if you need further assistance.
Whistle Stops

Water Taxi has several location within the regular route that you can call 954.467.6677
for a pre-arranged pick-up.

Old May 31st, 2014, 05:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

This is my favorite hotel..I have stayed here many times over the years.....last time before our Epic Cruise in 2012..fabulous beds!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; May 31st, 2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old May 31st, 2014, 05:31 PM
Captain

Talking Pub food & cold beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post

This is my favorite hotel..I have stayed here any times over the years.....last time before our Epic Cruise in 2012..fabulous beds!

Yep, I have stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 a few times myself. Fantastic location.

I just checked online at Groupon.com
Here is a Fun place to let loose:
Under: Food & drinks

Sopranos Dueling Piano Bar

Pub Food & Drinks

Choose from Three Options
  • $15 for $30 worth of pub food and drinks for two or more
  • $27 for $60 worth of pub food and drinks for four or more
  • $36 for $90 worth of pub food and drinks for six or more

• Frozen cocktails complements wings, burgers and nibbles in a pub with lively interactive piano shows.
  • Expires 90 days after purchase. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Dine-in only. Not valid for happy hour. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.

Sopranos Dueling Piano Bar
During the boisterous shows at Sopranos Dueling Piano bar, pianists take the stage and play popular tunes as audience members clap, dance, and sing along. Meanwhile, bartenders dole out 24 varieties of beer and an array of colorful cocktails—including the frozen margarita lauded by reporters from South Florida Sun-Sentinel for providing "the perfect amount of pucker." Servers bustle about the tabletops in the dimly lit space, balancing trays of wings, burgers, and coconut shrimp with sweet-chili dipping sauce
Old May 31st, 2014, 05:51 PM
Captain

Talking Hawaian style shaved ice deal througt Groupon.com

GROUPON.COM

Florida Snow Factory

At The Harbor Shops
1909 Cordova Rd.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316
954-284-6782

Same shopping center as Total Wine, reminder Boward County = Fort Lauderdale) does not sale booze on Sunday until 12 noon : )

In a Nutshell

Staff douses shaved ice in imported Hawaiian syrup to create a sweet snow-cone-style treat in hundreds of flavor combinations
The Fine Print

Expires 90 days after purchase. Limit 1 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Choose Between Two Options

• $4 for two medium shaved ices (a $9 value)
  • $6 for four small shaved ices (a $14 value)
For an extra $1 each, choose from add-ons such as fruit or ice cream.
Florida Snow Factory

At Florida Snow Factory, visitors can watch staff practice the centuries-old art of shaving ice into fluffy, frozen treats. They also douse each dessert with imported Hawaiian syrups, creating hundreds of flavor combinations enjoyed by both tourists and locals. For a hybrid treat, guests can choose to mix in morsels of fruit or dollops of ice cream into their cones.
Old June 1st, 2014, 10:24 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
This is my favorite hotel..I have stayed here many times over the years.....last time before our Epic Cruise in 2012..fabulous beds!
I think we stayed here may years ago, not the Hyatt then, I'm sure. But just curious, does it still have the revolving bar/restaurant? I loved that place!
Old June 3rd, 2014, 11:46 PM
Captain

Thumbs up ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbuggs View Post
I think we stayed here may years ago, not the Hyatt then, I'm sure. But just curious, does it still have the revolving bar/restaurant? I loved that place!
I don't know, you may want to contact the hotel direct.
Old June 4th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Yes, that is the one! I had a room facing the port and we watched the ships sail in, with a glorious sunrise as a backdrop. Love the location....there is, Harbor Shoppes close by, for dining,and Publix, for last minute must haves.

I enjoyed the Rennaissance as well,and the Bahia Mar, also close by.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator