Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Hotels
Register Forgot Password?

Hotels Recommendations for the best places to stay pre/post cruise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2014, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Default Which city for pre-cruise stay? Miami or Fort Lauderdale

First of all, I will state I have been to both cities and there are things I love about both. My mother is going with me on this cruise next October, which will be her first(and my second, a long time coming), and it will be departing from Miami. However, she is about to turn 65 next month, so I want to find the best option for a first time visitor to Florida, that will also be appropriate to her age. I am not much of a partier myself, so that isn't a concern, but having access to good food is a must. I obviously want some activities, but it doesn't have to be constantly going, and shouldn't be anyway. Also, any recommendations for a 3 to 5 star hotel would be appreciated. Must be non-smoking though.

Need some cruise help?
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2014, 05:58 PM
Admiral

If you are cruising out of Miami the logistics of getting from the hotel to the port are a lot better if you stay in Miami. A really nice place is the Intercontinental by the port. Full service hotel next to Bayside which has lots of places to eat if you don't want to pay hotel prices for dinner.
Old December 23rd, 2014, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

While I like Miami, I love Lauderdale. You can uses sasrides.com to get you to the port for $15.00 pp...I love the beach feel and the fact that where you stay is not in the downtown area...the Renaissance and Pier 66 are great hotel options,and I've stayed at both...if you do an archive search, there is an article I wrote about Lauderdale..there may be some dated info in it as it was done a while back, but most of the options are pertinent. If you rent a car, the Festival Marketplace in Pomano, a short ride up 95, is a nice take in...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator