Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2000, 02:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Mexico cruise 1-14-01

My family will be on RCCI's Rhapsody of The Seas leaving 1-14-01 from LA. We have an 8yr old boy and an 11 year old girl. Any other families on this cruise? Also, any info about ports of call (Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta) or shore excursions would be helpful. We have never been to any of these ports before.
Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2000, 02:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE: Mexico cruise 1-14-01

We are going the same weekend, however, on the Carnival Elation, and would also appreciate information on these same ports. This is our 7th cruise, but our first on the Pacific. Thanks.
Dee
Old November 12th, 2000, 03:16 PM
Admiral

Sandy and Dee,

With regard to your Mexican Riviera ports:

>> Cabo San Lucas is a great "playground in the sun" with phenomenal beaches, snorkeling, diving, and boating. A couple years ago, I took a shore excursion that combined a ride in a glass bottom boat to "land's end" with a couple hours at a beach resort. The boat ride offered the best of both worlds, combining a good view of the coast and its wildlife with a good view of the fish Both aspects of the excursion were thoroughly enjoyable, so I probably would do it again if I return.

>> In Mazatlan, there's a shore excursion that combines a folkloric show with a tour of the city highlights that's definitely worthwhile.

>> In Puerto Vallarta, the shore excursion that visits the city highlights is again very worthwhile. If I remember correctly, you'll see the tower divers (similar to the cliff divers in Acapulco, but they dive from a tower rather than from a cliff) as well as some magnificent art in the Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe and in the town hall.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old November 12th, 2000, 10:29 PM
Randi

Dear Sandy,
I live and work in Mazatlan, Mexico. For lots of info on what to do on the cruise check <cruisecritic.com> or <cruiseopinion.com> They have some great reviews on their cruises. You can also check <Randi's Happy Horses>. I will be glad to answer any questions you have, even if you don't want to ride horses.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Randi
Old November 25th, 2000, 07:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info. We have booked the tour with Randi's Horses for Mazatlan and are very much looking forward to it, as it has been recommended by several past cruisers.
Dee
Old November 25th, 2000, 07:30 PM
Randi

Dear Dee,
Please write me and tell me when you have booked my ride as I can't find a Dee listed on my calander. Please write asap!
Randi
Old November 25th, 2000, 07:41 PM
Randi

Hola from Mazatlan!
I live and have my busness in Mazatlan and have worked with many cruise ship passengers. I suggest you check out cruisecritic.com or cruiseopinion.com under the Carnaval ship Elation to see what they do as they come all year long.
There are many great things to do in Mazatlan but I'm not real sure about the other ports and these boards will be a great help.
I also agree with the passengers that buying on the ship is the most expensive way to take a tour.
If you have any interest in riding horses, check out mazinfo.com/horsebackride that's me.!
Either way have a great cruise and if you come off the ship between 8:30am and 9:00am look for me. I can hook you up with a good guide for what ever tour you want to take.
More info on Mazatlan check out mazinfo.com or maztravel.com they have some good coupons and great info.
Happy Holidays,
Randi
Old December 8th, 2000, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Sandy, my favorite excursion was ours in Puerto Vallarta -- we did the "town, country and tequila" tour. It was great to go out into the country, and the tequila-tasting was lots of fun. Was a 51/2 hour tour, and was quite enjoyable. Cost about $30 a person.

That's my recommendation.

Harry Martin
Old January 8th, 2001, 07:48 PM
Passenger

Sandy,

We are going on the Rhapsody of the Seas on Feb. 4.

I found a great website last night. On the bottom of the page you
can take a tour of the Rhapsody and read a review. After the first
page make sure you go to the bottom of the page and hit continue
tour. It's about 10 or 20 pages and is loaded with pictures and
information.

It's at

http://oasis.fortunecity.com/tropica.../Rhapsody.html

I'd also be interested in hearing how your cruise was after you get back.