CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Mexico (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/)
-   -   Playa del Carmen/Cozumel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/254516-playa-del-carmen-cozumel.html)

Dawn Stefano December 7th, 2000 02:00 PM

Playa del Carmen/Cozumel

I recently spent a week in Playa del Carmen and Cozumel. I'd be happy to answer any questions about logistics or attractions in the area!

Beautiful beaches, great snorkeling and big margaritas. What more could you ask for?

Dawn

Robert Boucek December 13th, 2000 07:19 PM

RE: Playa del Carmen/Cozumel

would like some info will be in Cozumel Dec. 23,2000 only from 1:30 P.M. till midnight om the Jubilee. Thanks Bob BoucekDawn Stefano wrote:
>
> I recently spent a week in Playa del Carmen and Cozumel. I'd
> be happy to answer any questions about logistics or attractions
> in the area!
>
> Beautiful beaches, great snorkeling and big margaritas. What
> more could you ask for?
>
> Dawn

Dawn Stefano December 27th, 2000 03:03 PM

Robert:

Hope you caught all my posts about Cozumel on the Caribbean board and that you had a great trip!

Dawn

Jamila January 2nd, 2001 10:09 AM

Hi Dawn, I will be sailing on Feb 12-16 PDC and Cozumel. Which shore tours would you recomend? We definetly want to go scuba diving. Did you find that the shore tour that you wanted to take was sold out with so many people on board, that's a concern. We were thinking about the horse back riding through the Mayan ruins. Did you find that the tours were worth the money? Is there anything that you suggest we see or don't see. Question about PDC if people are going on the Tulum tour do we still get off there or not?

Dawn Stefano January 2nd, 2001 03:01 PM

Hi Jamila:

Most ships use PDC as a service call ... in other words, only passengers who have booked mainland shore tours through the ship will disembark here. This would include tours to Tulum, Coba or Chichen Itza, as well as to water parks like Xcaret and Xel-Ha.

Your ship should offer a diving excursion in Cozumel, but I'm not a diver so I have no experience with these excursions. Fury Catamarans offers a great sail/snorkel trip and many ships offer this tour or it can be booked individually.

On the mainland, we enjoyed both Tulum and Xel-Ha, which is a large natural aquarium for snorkeling. Chankanaab Park on Cozumel is a nice place to snorkel, but if you're a diver there are better reefs to explore, namely Palancar and Columbia.

I have found most ship's excursions to be worth the money, both for the quality and the convenience, but if you do a little advance research on your destination you can often book identical trips for 10-20% less cost.

Good luck!

Robert Boucek January 2nd, 2001 05:27 PM

Jamila, I sent you some info about our recent trip,hope you got it OK.Try web site www.cozumel.net for info on diving. Bob Boucek

Jamila January 3rd, 2001 12:04 PM

Thanks alot for the info. I am soo excited can't wait to get there!! The count down is on 5WEEKS to go!!!!!!

Jamila January 3rd, 2001 12:06 PM

Thanx alot for the info. I got it!! Well I can't wait to get out of all this snow!!! The count down is on!!!! 5WEEKS left!!!! Thanks again!

cathy February 20th, 2001 01:09 PM

leaving very soon - do you have any information on Isla Pasion

Andrew July 14th, 2001 11:39 PM

Re: Playa del Carmen/Cozumel

Just wondering what the big deal is with Carlos & Charlie's (in Cozumel)? Have heard some wild and crazy things about it, and was wondering what you thought of it? Thanks.

Mermaid July 18th, 2001 12:08 PM

Re: Playa del Carmen/Cozumel

Andrew: Have been to C&C's several times in Coz. Check it out if you have not been there before. IMO, fun place for a bit to sip a cold one and either a) watch the tourists act a little silly b) let your hair down and participate or c) just buy a t-shirt. lol