Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2001, 09:52 PM
Rob H

Default Cabo San Lucas Excursion

Has anybody been on the Lands End Boat Tour & Scenic Drive (3 1/3 hours).

We will be on the Sea Princess in November and as the boat docks at 7am but leaves at 1pm is this a problem.
We would book thru Princess which should ensure we are back on board on time.
Its a trip we would like to take
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Rob H
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2001, 12:55 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cabo San Lucas Excursion

Rob,

Do book through Princess. It will be much more seemless since the tour will leave directly from the ship (a tender will take the whole tour group to the landing, where the boat will meet you).

BTW, it's best to avoid referring to a cruise ship as a "boat" since the term "boat" means a vessel that is not seaworthy, thus making such usage a grave insult to the master and the crew. I have occasionally seen masters of cruise ships give good-humored tongue lashings to passengers who committed such indiscretions in their presence -- and there was no mistaking the fact that the references were not appreciated!

Norm.
Old September 6th, 2001, 01:59 AM
Rob H

Default Re: Cabo San Lucas Excursion

Thanks Norm for your advice.
I've sent a wee bit of a humourous tongue in cheek reply to you on definitions of 'boat; / ship / liner.
I do see my typimg mistake in I was truly talking about a small boat for the actual tour and it was advertised as such. My mis- deed was continuing the next sentence in saying when the 'Boat' arrives but should have been 'Ship'. sorry...

Mind you I could not find references to your Quote:/ "the term "boat" means a vesselthat is not seaworthy, thus making such usage a grave insult to the master and the crew. " end of quote"/

Certainly 'boat ' is a small vessel and 'ship ' is a large one

cheers\
Rob H