Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2001, 10:03 PM
SherryS

Default December 22nd to Mexican Riviera

Going on RCCL's Vision of the Sea on 12/22/01 to Mexican Riviera. Would love comments on ship, excursions, how rough is the Pacific Ocean (cruised Alaska and Caribbean a lot, but heard the Pacific Ocean is really rough!!); ANY information is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2001, 12:43 AM
Admiral

Default Re: December 22nd to Mexican Riviera

Sherry,

When I went down the Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles to Acapulco) three years ago, the Pacific was so rough that I did not feel any movement of the ship at all. It's more open than the Caribbean, but the ship usually stays fairly close to the coast on "Mexican Riviera" itineraries rather than venturing out into real open waters.

BTW, rough -- and I do mean ROUGH -- seas really are a lot of fun. Think of your favorite ride at the local amusement park -- only it does not end after five minutes. Instead, it continues for a whole week!

Norm.
Old September 13th, 2001, 02:33 AM
Rob H

great sense of humour Norm in your last comment. Hopefully she see's that way
cheers
Old September 14th, 2001, 01:56 AM
Admiral

Rob,

Actually, I have been out in the middle of the North Atlantic aboard 40,000 tons of helicopter carrier (with 1000 feet of flight deck three decks above the main deck) during a couple of storms. On one such voyage, the ship's chaplain had arranged a "Steel Beach Picnic" out on the flight deck that we had to cancel because surf was up on the "steel beach." That's right -- we had about 10-12 foot waves rolling down the whole length fo the flight deck. The weather actually stayed like that for nearly the whole crossing.

We also had a battalion of marines aboard, many of whose faces were about the same shade of green as their uniforms. I wonder why.

Norm.
Old September 29th, 2001, 02:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Sherry, I took its sister, Rhapsody, on the same itinerary. It was a wonderful trip (in October) and no rough seas at all.

Check out my review on the member reviews for more details.

Harry
Old October 31st, 2001, 06:12 PM
Mikie

Go for it Sherry!

Sister Ship Rhapsody was a stable cruiser to Alaska. Most of the time there was no sensation of movement at all. When you do hit a rough spot, it brings you back to reality. These are great ships and can handle it. Wear a patch or "accupressure wrist bands" for anticipated 'mal de mer'...

P.S. My schedule reads December 23, not the 22nd. See you on board.