Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2002, 02:20 AM
mlbcruiser

Default Not a cruise, but . . Puerto Vallarta?

Can any of you who have ever been to Puerto Vallarta on a cruise or otherwise offer some advice about the various hotel zones or hotels? We are planning to go in a couple of months & are considering the Fiesta Americana (in the hotel zone but not "downtown" at all) or The Westin, in Marina Vallarta. Heard the beaches in the marina area can have a lot of gravel & are darker than in the hotel zone, & that area is very exclusive. And we do want to feel like we are in Mexico at least a little bit! Any info. will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Not a cruise, but . . Puerto Vallarta?

In December of 1999 I stayed at the Crown Paradise (all inclusive) in Puerto Vallarta. I was only there 4 days/3 nights. We didn't do any of the excursions. One day we did go downtown shopping. Hope this helps
Old February 18th, 2002, 04:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just returned from P.V. three weeks ago after a week's stay at the all inclusive Allegro Resort in the Nuevo Vallarta area. There were 18 of us ranging in age from 25 to 55 and we all had a fantastic time. The resort is beautiful, the food is great along with the selection and the staff couldn't have been nicer. The beaches in the northern part of P.V. (Nuevo Vallarta) have white sand versus in the downtown area where there appears to be only gravel and rocks. I wasn't south of the downtown area so I can't help you there. We were all happy that we had chosen P.V. because it's a pretty area with the Sierra Madres in the background and the huge Banderas Bay. Plenty to do and very safe. Enjoy your vacation. If you think I can assist further, please e-mail me or post here.
Old April 23rd, 2002, 10:07 AM
Hapster

Try the Velas Vallarta in the Marina area. Very nice upscale hotel for not too much, as Mexican prices go. You can get a nice discount package -- like 50% off excursions and activities AND MASSAGES at the hotel -- if you're willing to endure a 90 minute timeshare presentation that they'll hound you for as you check in. WELL WORTH the 90 minutes for the deals you get on everything.

Don't miss the Las Caletas day trip!!! Superb attraction. Kind of a puker catamaran ride to get there, but well worth it once you're there!! We just got back off the Vision of the Seas a couple days ago which featured one day in PV, but my wife and I went to PV last year and stayed at Velas for a week. PV is a great port!! Friendly people, tasty food, and cervezas fria!!!!

Have fun!!!
Old May 14th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Yeoman

I've been there many times; the Fiesta Americana, hotel zone, is my very favorite hotel, and in a super location. I wouldn't stay at Marina Vallarta if it were free--- really!! Book the Fiesta, have a great time!! Linda