Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default resturant/bar

Got any suggestions for a good Mex lunch ( American-Mex ) and a Marguerita besides Carlos & Charlies.Don't get me wrong, my husband and I had a blast the last time we were there, but it might be too loud for my 75 yr Mom ? Oh, I'm refering to Cozumel.
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Bob Boucek

Default Re: resturant/bar

Virginia=We were in Cozumel a couple of times, and I forgot the names of local bars/restaurants. We did have lunch at a restaurant called Popeyes, this is however strictly Mexican, and Sea food. Our lunch was $10.00 each including a drink. We had the largest deep fried shrimp I have seen. Plus the Mexacan fare that goes with it. Any Taxi driver can take you there. Oh by the way, there is a lady in Cozumel named Patti Fernandez who is a realtor. She emailed about a new mall in front of the downtown cruise ship pier. You may want to email her directly for names of places for you and for Mom. her email address is patti@comcoz.com I do recall a rooftop restaurant but forgot the name Bob
Old February 12th, 2002, 10:51 PM
Admiral

I've usually eaten at Pancho's Backyard which is entered through the store Cinco del Sols - and you definitely should see this store anyway, They have a couple of musicians - good drinks and good food.
Old February 18th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to shanden

I went to Pancho's and was not happy. The margiritas was not good and the food was over priced.. Should have went to Charles and Carlos. Don't go looking for all the places the cruise ship lour you to. Take the advice of the people her on cruisemate. I will be going back in August 2002. Looking forward

Shanden
Old February 23rd, 2002, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Hi, Virginia ...

Pop to the Main Page for a feature about Cozumel.

I am a fan of Pancho's Backyard (I think the margaritas are just fine). Also, the rest rooms are CLEAN. That might be important to Mom.

Lots of people swear by Las Palmeras at the foot of the square, but I have never cared for the food. Margaritas are good. According to a margarita expert, they should be taken on the rocks.

A personal favorite is Plaza Leza right on the square. The margaritas aren't as good at they used to be when Miguelito was the bartender. Of course, there weren't seven cruise ships in town back in those days, either. If you get to Leza early enough, the juevos motulenos are totally to die for.

We have been going to Coz on a regular basis --- usually once, sometimes twice, a year for 15 or so years now. Hmm. I think I hear Coz calling my name. Next Saturday sounds good.

Let us know if we can help more.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor & Sometimes Cozumelena