Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Grandeur July 21st to Mexico..

Hi fellow cruisers! Would appreciate any info on this cruise...sea conditions,ship review,cabins(outside),dancing on cruise,excursions,sea sickness on ship or excursions,port advice,etc.We've been on Carnival for 2 cruise in the Caribean and had an absolute blast! Never been on RCI or a Mexican Cruise.We're in our forties and my son and friend are 18.Any info is welcomed!Thanks so much,Margiecruisequeen.
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2002, 10:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Grandeur July 21st to Mexico..

My wife, daughter (16) and I took this trip on June 2....it was our first cruise and we were unanimous in pronouncing it the best vacation ever! The ship is beautiful, and there are many activities to choose among. The cabins are pretty small, but you can fit an amazing amount of "stuff" in them! We had an outside cabin on Deck 2...my wife had a little problem with motion sickness, but she was OK after the first day. The water was great in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta but cold in Cabo San Lucas....should be fine there in July though. Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta are docking ports and Cabo is a tender port. You have all day in each of the three ports. We took excursions which were offered by RCI in each; other, more experienced travelers, hired a cab for the day for about $25/person and were able to "customize" their excursions. We found everyone we encountered on ship's crew and service staff to be very attentive, and they seemed genuinely interested in making the cruise a most enjoyable experience.