Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2002, 12:24 PM
Passenger

Default Elation July 21-28th 2002 YEEHAH

My husband & I are looking to chit chat with another 30 something couple who will be sailing on the Carnival Elation July 21-28th 2002. Its just around the corner and I am so excited! This is our first cruise and our first vacation with out the kids!!!!!!!! YEEE HAW!!! yahooooweee!

If anybody has any tibit of advice or insight into the ports and tours Id be greatful for any advice.

Has anybody done the Dolphin swim thing and was it worth the $?

Thanks so much!!
Robin
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2002, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Elation July 21-28th 2002 YEEHAH

RL, check out my review of the Sea Princess on the member review area ... I talk about what we did in port (one thru the ship, and two on our own)

Happy first cruise! And be sure and ask any cruising question on the first-timer board, too.

Harry
Old July 17th, 2002, 02:53 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Elation July 21-28th 2002 YEEHAH

We go to P.V. every year for at least a week. I just got back from 21/2 weeks there. the Elation arrives each Wed. morning and stays until about 10:00 P.m. as I recall. the best part ov P.V. is downtown near los muertos beach.

It will be very hot and muggy at this time of year anywhere in Vallarta. Be sure you have water at all times.Shopping is great in P.V. Try shopping near Galeria Uno. There are wonderful shops in all directions within a couple blocks. The folllowing are our favorite restaurants:

Cafe des Artistes
Trio's
Mariscos Pollo
Lindo Mar
Los Pibes
Las Carmelitas
Los Arbolitos

PV. is a wonderful city that is very safe in every way. Nearly every hotel will allow you to use their facilities if you ask permission. Some may charge a small fee. The Krystal, as on writer mentioned, is a nice property. However, it is on hotel row and will rob you of the true Vallarta experience. i might suggest Molina de Agua as a Hotel base that is near downtown, shopping, and the better restaurants.

All of the excursions are far cheaper if you book them on your own. Piedra Blanca, Sayulita, and Yalapa are some of the nicest beaches. The yellow cabs are the least expensive. Don't take the white cabs by the dock. They will rip you off. Sayulita and Piedra Blanca can be reached by cab. Yalapa is like Gilligan's island but will require a water taxi from Boca de Tamatlin or Los Muertos Beach. Yalapa is a wonderful adventure.
Old July 17th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Re: Elation July 21-28th 2002 YEEHAH

I love the Rio Cuale area -- very pretty and right in the middle of downtown

Harry