Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2002, 09:31 PM
Sailfish

Default Attention SCUBA divers heading to Cozumel on 12/17/02

My husband and I will be on the December 15th Enchantment of the Seas, and expect to be in Cozumel on Tuesday, December 17th. We get into port around 10am. I have made arrangements to SCUBA dive with "Dive With Martin," a local dive shop at 1pm. I was able to get a discount, and charter a fast boat if I can get a few divers together. If you decide to join us, we will be out until 5pm.

The dive kiosk is located on the pier by the Enchantment. The cost for two tanks is around $55 US (that's with a 10% discount) and they want cash (the discount only applies to cash, which is typical of many dive operations on the island). Equipment rental is free (a very big plus to those of you who need to rent gear). I contacted several dive operations on the island earlier this week, and settled on DWM because of the price, their location = convenience, their reputation (they cater to more experienced divers) and the fact that they have fast boats (if you've been diving in Cozumel, you know this is important). Also, no deposit is required.

You can get more information about DWM at www.divewithmartin.com and by checking the message board at www.scubadiving.com (you'll need to do a search).

If you're interested, you can send me an email by clicking on my "name" or by posting a message here. So far, we have only three in our group. We'll still be diving with DWM, regardless of how many divers we end up with. But I'm hoping for a better discount which I should be able to negotiate for IF we have a six pack or better.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Attention SCUBA divers heading to Cozumel on 12/17/02

We are going to Cozumel next month and are wondering how your experience was with DWM...They seem very nice, but how was the dive? So far there are only 2 of us going and wondered if that would be a problem. thanks.