Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2002, 10:07 AM
JoAnneH

Default Tequila Tour in PV

Has anyone taken the Tequila Tour in PV? What was the cost and was it fun (what did it include)? I don't drink, but I think it would be a fun excursion for my hubby. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Tequila Tour in PV

We did in 2000, and we had a great time! It was also nice to get outside of the city and see some of the Back Country. For a first-time visit to PV, I would do it again. Cost is about $40 a person, I think. (you getta sip some tequila, but not enough to get blasted off of)

Harry
Old August 13th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Admiral

I go to P.V. every year for at least one week. This year we went for two and a half weeks. I have never been on any tequila tour. P.V. has so much to offer. You can always have tequila at any bar or restaurant. I wouldn't waste my time on that tour.

If I were a new-comer to Puerto Vallarta and had only one day in P.V., I would hire a cab have him give me a quick tour of the city and either explore the city on my own. Or if I wanted a beach experience, I would take the bus to Boca de Tamatlan and from there take a water taxi to Yalapa. It is a beautiful cove beach that is lost in time. It is very primative and has no cars. It reminds me of Gilligan's Island and is one of my favorite spots, amywhere. It's A beautiful place to swim and sit under a palapa at the beachside restaurant owned by the hotel. While you are there, eat a wonderful lobster lunch for very little money, and have a margarita for me. The avocado and shrimp salads are really good too.

The little hotel (really the rooms are grass shacks) has a wonderful swimming poorl made of boulders, that is perched just above the bay. You are allowed to swim in it for free as a visitor. I just buy a soda or a beer from the swim up bar to pay my way.

If your cruise arrives on a Wednesday and your ship stays late, very close to the ship terminal is the "La Paloma" bull ring. You can go to a real bull fight at about 5 p.m.
It lasts about two hours. Get there a bit early so that you can sit on the shady side by the little band. It is great fun.
Old August 30th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Admiral

JoAnneH,

Has anyone taken the Tequila Tour in PV? What was the cost and was it fun (what did it include)? I don't drink, but I think it would be a fun excursion for my hubby. Thanks!

Yes, I did this tour last year and am looking forward to doing it again. Here's the description from Princess's web site (http://www.princess.com/planner/shor...herDepts=S238A):

Tour PVR-R: TEQUILA FACTORIES AND BEACH CLUB FIESTA

Capture the essence of Pacific Mexico---beautiful white-sand beaches, sparkling ocean waters and, of course, tequila!

ABOUT THIS TOUR
Visit one of the finest modern tequila distilleries for an interesting and educational guided tour of the manufacturing process. Large glass windows offer easy viewing of the various stages of tequila distillation. Then it's on to a traditional tequila factory, where the old fashioned method of producing tequila will be demonstrated. Sample a taste of this brew and bring home a mini-souvenir bottle (adults only). Your next stop is at the Beach Club in the New Vallarta area, where you can pull up a beach chair and relax in the sun, work on your tan, play volleyball and enjoy the water. Kayaks and boogie boards are available for a nominal extra charge. After the beach club, you will return to the pier, but if you are interested in shopping, you may stay on the bus and the tour guide will take you to Plaza Genoveza for an approximate 30-minute shopping stop. If you wish to stay longer, you can return to the ship at your own expense.

Princess's web site shows a price of $45 for adults and $21 for children in 2002. The tour lasts 4 1/2 hours.

I should mention that both distilleries produce the highest quality of tequilla (distillate of 100% blue agave). You'll get to sample "silver" (not aged) and "gold" (aged) varieties and also some tequilla-based liqueurs that are absolutely heavenly.

Enjoy the tour!

Norm.
Old September 11th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Bob D.

Default Re: Re: Tequila Tour in PV

Chuck,

Since yuou haven't been on the tour, you are sure quick to judge it. Actually it is very fun and not just drinking tequila. If I were you, I wouldn't go to the library. All they have is books and you've probably already read a book.
Old September 16th, 2002, 09:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Tequila Tour in PV

I have not been on the tour. I may go sometime on your recommendation. I,do however,
feel that P.V. is probably Mexico's most beautiful cities and that there is oh so much to see and do. If this is to be a persons only day to see Puerto Vallarta, I think a tequila tour would take a back seat, no matter how wonderful it may be.
Old October 16th, 2002, 07:09 PM
MarkT

Default Re: Re: Tequila Tour in PV

The tours are fun although they are not to real factories that actually produces tequila legally, probably the best is the one that goes to the Porfidio “distillery”.

But if you don’t have much time, the best option is to get a taxi and tour PV, I go at least once a year and they have great restaurants, fun nightlife, and great tequila.

Get your tequila outside of any of the “distilleries”, the best prices are in Super La Playa, there are five of them so anyone there will tell you where there is one close by. In my years of drinking tequila I recommend only 100% blue agave and the best brands I have tried are Tesoro and Herradura, Casa Noble.