CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Mexico (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/)
-   -   Cozumel ATV tours (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/254631-cozumel-atv-tours.html)

chuck grigsby September 10th, 2002 08:11 AM

Cozumel ATV tours

Anyone ever gone on the Cozumel ATV Jungle tours? Looks like fun, just wondering what people thought.

pamda September 17th, 2002 11:26 PM

Re: Cozumel ATV tours

I didn't even know that there WERE jungles on Cozumel.

chuck grigsby wrote:

> Anyone ever gone on the Cozumel ATV Jungle tours? Looks like
> fun, just wondering what people thought.

ChrisH October 22nd, 2002 11:53 AM

Re: Cozumel ATV tours

Check out cozumelinsider.com or e-mail sherri@cozumelinsider.com for any questions.

oulala October 14th, 2008 03:43 PM

I've been on that tour. It was a great time! It was too dusty for my taste and I was thirsty and hungry almost the whole time. I was complaining about it to the couple that my husband and I planned our trip with and they said they went on this Dune Buggy Tour - they snorkled, got lunch, free beer, personal tour guide - they showed us pictures and the cars were a lot cooler than those ATVs. Try them in Cozumel. We've already booked for our next tour in January, we've got a 4 year old and are taking her this time, The ATVs are not child proof! that's for sure.

Thoth January 4th, 2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oulala
I've been on that tour. It was a great time! It was too dusty for my taste and I was thirsty and hungry almost the whole time. I was complaining about it to the couple that my husband and I planned our trip with and they said they went on this Dune Buggy Tour - they snorkled, got lunch, free beer, personal tour guide - they showed us pictures and the cars were a lot cooler than those ATVs. Try them in Cozumel. We've already booked for our next tour in January, we've got a 4 year old and are taking her this time, The ATVs are not child proof! that's for sure.

Thanks for the feedback. That's one of the tours I'm considering.

no January 5th, 2009 10:23 PM

Yes I have!

I've been on the ATV jungle tour - it's really fun, but there is this other one that offers free beer during the excursion. It's called Dune Buggy Tours and their web site, I think is, cozumeldunebuggytours.com - It has about 4 or 5 stops and goes around the whole island!

lhp January 18th, 2009 10:07 AM

Ok...I admit ...this is the "momma" coming out in me....

we have owned 4 wheelers for years and personally I don't ride on that kind of equipment that I don't maintain myself. I will BARELY ride in the USA on rented equipment.

Dune Buggies would be ok, because you have some protection around you....but scooters and ATVs in a foreign country just scare me to death.

If that front wheel locks up...or the brakes malfunction.... you are in for trouble. You are riding with other people you don't know who may not be as careful as you are (or as sober).....

just some things to think about.

jimcar77 January 23rd, 2009 02:51 PM

We did the Jungle ATV and Beach (with cozumel-watersports.com) and it was awesome, after the riding part you are really dirty and sweaty so the dip in the water and snorkeling were just awesome! Great riding...