Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2002, 12:53 PM
leftwriter

Default Need Advice, Cozumel & Progeso Beaches

Hi All! : )

I need your expert advice please on beach excursions in Progreso and Cozumel. I'm interested in just a nice relaxing day at the beach at each. Should have facilities (restroom and food/beverage), be clean and safe. Sailing on RCCL Grandeur Nov 9/16. Particularly wish to hear from anyone who has actually gone to the following:

PROGESO
- YUCATAN REEF CLUB

COZUMEL
- ISLA DE PASION
- PLAYA DEL SOL

What is the value versus the experience? Any peddlars/beggars on the beach? Anyone try the spa/sauna at Yucatan Reef Club? Any other thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Thank you very much! Happy Sailing All! : )
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2002, 11:51 AM
ChrisH

Default Re: Need Advice, Cozumel & Progeso Beaches

If you´re looking for excursions in Cozumel check out cozumelinsider.com This is run by an american lady living on the island who was very helpful.
Old October 24th, 2002, 08:43 PM
Ronald

I am interested if you found out anything on Cozumel Beachs. " Playa Sol Beach Club" We are going this Feb.9/03 on Royal Caribbean. If you have any info. on Cozumel or Costa Maya " Jungel Beach Break or Costa Maya Beach Snorkel.
Old November 3rd, 2002, 12:38 AM
KROERT95@AOL.COM

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT GO TO PROGRESSO. IT WAS JUST AWFUL. I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY BRING US HERE FOR A WESTERN CARIBBEAN. IS IT EVEN IN THE CARIBBEAN? DON'T THINK SO.
IN COZUMEL I WENT TO THE XCARET PARK. IT WAS AWESOME. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT ONE. BUT THE WATER IS SO BEAUTIFUL, YOU CAN'T GO WRONG HERE.
I JUST RETURNED FROM 10-18 CRUISE. HAD A BALL (EXCEPT PROGRESSO) IF YA WANT TO DO SOMETHING THERE, THEN GO ON THE RUIN EXCURSION. THE PEOPLE WHO WENT THERE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO WEREN'T GRIPING.
HAVE FUN
Old November 7th, 2002, 04:46 PM
Admiral

This is said with a wide Mexican smile ...

If you'd gone to the "features" area of CruiseMates, you would have had the word on Progreso. Not quite ready for prime time. The ruins at Uxmal are awesome.

Old November 7th, 2002, 11:36 PM
Trent

We spent the day at Cozumel on a snorkeling cruise. It was fun, but very short. They just wanted to get you in and out so they could dump you off and pick up another load of people. I know others (including boat staff) who save their money and snorkel at a small beach area just a few yards north of the dock where the cruise ship docks. I would recommend a couple hours of snorkeling at the dock and then maybe a cab ride into town. THE SNORKELING CANNOT BE MISSED!!