Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2002, 03:01 PM
Beginner

Default RCC - Mexican Riviera Tours?

We are booked on the Nov. 10th Mexican Rivera Cruise on Royal Caribbean "Legend Of The Seas."

In Mazatlan we are considering the 7-hour tour of the villages of "Sierra Madre, Concordia and Copala." We'd really love to hear from those that have taken this tour ... is it a good one?

If there are any "do not miss" shore excursions in Cabo San Lucas, Catalina Island or Puerto Vallarta, we'd love to hear about those, too.

Thanks so much! Mary
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2002, 11:29 PM
Trent

Default Re: RCC - Mexican Riviera Tours?

Hello there. We have been to PV every year for the past four years, and have also done a cruise. There is WAY too much to do in PV than you can do in one day. However, I have taken some day trips (some good, others bad) and have a couple to suggest. First, I highly recommend a "booze cruise". These are all day affairs run by several different companies, all basically taking the same route. We have taken the Vallarta Sol and the Si Mi Amor and loved it. The cruise begins with a relaxing cruise to Los Arcos where you can snorkel, then to two other wonderful and secluded beaches and villages. On one, you can either hike or ride horseback to a waterfall. I am not a horse lover, but TAKE THE HORSE! They are very docile and they know the route well. Once back to the boat, it is time for dancing and games. The entire trip is all you can drink and a great buffet lunch on the beach. YOU CANNOT GO WRONG! The jungle tour is fun, too, but it would be a shame to come to PV and not spend it out on the water. DO NOT TAKE ANY CITY TOURS OR THE TEQUILA TOUR, you'll spend the entire day on a rickety bus with an annoying tour guide who takes you literally only to miscelanous shops who pay him. Literally, you'll stop at a jewelry store, liquor store and a little mini market. That is it! If you need any other ideas, just email me.
Old November 25th, 2002, 09:37 PM
Dolores

Default Re: Re: RCC - Mexican Riviera Tours?

Hi There,

We are cruising to P/V for the first time in December. I am interested in the tours you described. How did you book them? Through the ship or online or when you got there?

Thanks for the info!!!

--Dolores