Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2002, 04:45 PM
MrPnut

Default 3-day Mexican cruises from L.A.

Have any one taken one of those three or four days Mexican cruises from L.A.?
What did you think about them?

We just returned from a week-long Caribbean cruise aboard the Grand Princess and enjoyed it very much, but now with fewer vacation days available, those 3-day weekend wonders look appealing for when we are going through "cruise withdrawal" in a few months!
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Passenger

Default Re: 3-day Mexican cruises from L.A.

I have taken 2 of those cruises, in fact this is how I got started cruising. I traveled on Royal Caribbean and therefore I can only speak for this line and I must say that I enjoyed every minute of it. it is a nice way to get away and Ensenada is ok to visit but once you have been there, its no big deal. However, there were plenty of activities on the ship and my only complaint is that this trip goes by too fast, particularly if you have been on 7 to 10 day cruises. Except for this particular issue, you will have a great time. Since it is obvious you are experience cruisers, you know that a cruise can be what you make of it...so....go for it and have fun!
Old October 25th, 2002, 05:19 PM
MrPnut

Default Re: Re: 3-day Mexican cruises from L.A.

Thanks for the insight. We live in Phoenix and can fly to L.A. in an hour, so I can just take a half of a vacation day on a Friday to go and the other half day on Monday morning to return. I think we'll gve it a shot next summer.
Old November 7th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Bill & Debbie

We have taken a couple of the 3-day cruises and really miss the Viking Serenade! Wonderful part of the 3-day is that it feels like so much longer and restful than other weekend trips.

I understand that the Monarch of the Seas will be here in LA some time in June. That vessel will be doing the 3 and 4 day itineries. If you choose to drive (6+ hours) there is a flat fee of $30 to park at the terminal. Bring CASH ! ! If you fly, make arrangements ahead of time to get from LAX to the terminal. Your TA should be able to get you transportation. RCI's transfer is (of course) a little expensive.

We're booked on a 7-day in January on the Vision and we're looking forward to the 3-day trips later in the year.

Good luck!
Old November 9th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Bill and Debbie, heading out on the Vision on Monday for the 4-nighter. Can't wait to be on a Vision class ship again (we, too, did the Viking Serenade in January -- about two weeks before they sailed her away)

Harry
Old November 11th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Passenger

You can take these from San Diego also...a must nicer place to sail from.
Old November 12th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Admiral

No one is doing a 3 or 4 day directly from San Diego anymore -- I wish they would because it's much more convenient for me! I do know they are doing a one-time 3 day from San Diego in April from Carnival -- maybe they're going to try to see how good that goes over. Unfortunately, there are not many ships leaving from San Diego for a short quick trip in 2003.