Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2002, 05:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Puerto Vallarta excursion

Does anyone have information about the Los Caletas excursion that is offered from the Elation? Going in June, and I'm curious about it. Looking for a nice hotel resort/beach to hang out at.
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2002, 01:42 AM
Beginner

Default No Subject

Post Edited (11-21-02 01:47)
Old November 21st, 2002, 01:53 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Puerto Vallarta Excursion

Pro's :Caletas is a nice beach
The tour is offered by Vallarta Adventures,nice boats and good crew
Con's:Too many people on board 100+ you must like large crowds
Old November 21st, 2002, 10:57 AM
MARKandCINDIE

Default Re: Puerto Vallarta excursion

OH MY GOD THAT IS THE MOST AMAZING PLACE I HAVE EVER BEEN IT IS LIKE HEAVEN I HAVE BEEN THERE 4 TIMES AND IT GETS PRETTER EVERY TIME IM THERE
Old November 21st, 2002, 12:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Puerto Vallarta excursion

Is it a very crowded tour. According to Scuabaholic, he said it is extremely crowded, over 100+ people. What tour group did you go through, we are curusing on the Elation in June.
Old November 23rd, 2002, 12:25 AM
bobscunba

Default Re: Re: Re: Puerto Vallarta excursion

hei he was talking about the tours with Vallarta Adventures. they do run a great rip, with music, munchies, bar, and a "head"...but yes, there can be huge crouds. I was there in june of this year, ( '02) and tourism was low. it was just after all the big spring break trips and the beginning of rainy season...so there were not many people there.
I tend to think the crowds might be bigger this year because more people are traveling due to getting comfortable flying again. ( people were still freaked out to travel after sept 11..).
the way I look at is, once you get in the water...it makes everything worth it.
i went one day with Chicos dive shop, and while they were really cool people, the boat was just way to small for me...and yes, the water was very rough on the way out to the Mariatas and we had to hang on for dear life! ahahhahaha.......a women had to go to the bathroom, and had to wait till we got back to land....it wasn't pretty.
you'll have fun. I'm going there again in april this year.
bobk.
Old February 5th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Jaimie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Puerto Vallarta excursion

I highly recommend this tour. I did it on the Star and had a fabulous time!
Old February 28th, 2003, 07:44 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Puerto Vallarta excursion

Is it a big boat that takes you to Caletas? Is the ride out there really rough?
And for those of you that took tours off the boat, was there an open bar that was included in the price. Or did they just serve a complementry drink with lunch.
The tour off the Carnival Spirit is around 80.00, I would hope that for this price you wouldn't have to pay for drinks. The brief tour description says lunch is included with a soft drink or beer or wine. But I have read a few threads that someone mentioned an open bar.
I'm trying to decide which tour to take in P.V. Of course we would like to get the most for our money(especially as expensive as the tours run!) So that is why I really would like to know if there is an open bar for most of the time you spend on this island.
Also were there any water sports included? Please, if you have done this tour I would appreciate a detailed review on what's included and what's not !(and anything else you would like to comment on. ) When it comes to tours the more info. you have the better equipped you are to make a decision.
Thanks
CLW
Old March 2nd, 2003, 08:22 PM
Jaimie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Puerto Vallarta excursion

The boat is a 70 foot, 2 story catamaran. On the way there, there are complimetary soft drinks because they don't want people going in the water drunk. However, after 11, you can drink as much alcohol as you like for free. I went in January through the Star Princesss and really enjoyed. It is very beautiful and there is a lot to do there. My only complaint was the food; it was alright but not great. About the seasickness issue, I am prone to seasickness and did not get sick on the way there but did on the way back. Hope this helps. Fell free to email at sweet_star_gal2000@yahoo.com if you have additional questions.

Jaimie
Old March 3rd, 2003, 11:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Puerto Vallarta excursion

Thanks Jaimie, I am real excited about doing this excursion, I've heard nothing but great things!