Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2002, 05:05 PM
gobears

Default Mexican Riviera in Oct/Nov

Been doing a little research on the above. There seems to be very limited choices regarding cruising the Mexican Riviera in Oct/Nov. Is this due to weather? Also, seems a little pricier than the Caribbean.

Our cruise plans call for the end of the year. Just doesn't look like the Mexican Riviera is the best choice. Any thoughts??

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Mexican Riviera in Oct/Nov

We were on the Star on 11/2/02. The weather was great. It is always breezy and a little cold on the first day out and the last day back. The weather in the three ports was clear and 85 degrees. Very nice.
Old January 29th, 2003, 09:37 PM
Admiral

The weather should be lovely at that time of year.
Old January 30th, 2003, 11:13 PM
Passenger

We went on a cruise in Nov 2002. In port, temperatures were in the high 80's. It was cool in LA and moving out to sea toward Mexico. But we had the best time on the Star Princess and as we got closer to ports, it got warmer and warmer. I have to mention the Star Princess was just beautiful. At 11 oclock at night in the mexico waters, I was still reading a book on my balcony!!. It was probably in the mid to high 70's. If Princess Cruises decides to go back to Mexico later in the year, like September, I will go for it. ...
Old May 22nd, 2003, 06:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Mexican Riviera in Oct/Nov

My daughter just booked her honeymoon cruise for the Star Princess sailing Oct. 11 of this year. I was on the Star last April. Beautiful ship! My question is: Will there still be a problem with possible hurricanes or rough seas at this time of year in mid-October? I know Puerto Vallarta was hit with a hurricane last year at that time. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Lindsay
Old May 26th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Mexican Riviera in Oct/Nov

Hurricanes are rare in P.V. I've gone in the fall many times and have several friends who live there. Not to worry.
Old June 8th, 2003, 11:34 AM
MichelleM

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Mexican Riviera in Oct/Nov

We are going to the Mexican Riviera on Carnival's Pride the last week of September and was wondering about the weather too. Glad to see the weather was nice and warm in November which should mean we will bake in September.
We can't wait.
Old June 8th, 2003, 09:08 PM
L&S80

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mexican Riviera in Oct/Nov

We've been on the Mexican Riveria cruise in September, October & November, the weather was GREAT!! The first & last day of the cruise can be a bit chilly, but the rest of the days are in the 70's to 80's. We're going to be on the Pride September 28th also. Looking forward to it.........

Old June 12th, 2003, 08:39 PM
SF Sharon

The weather should be great. I love the Mexican Riviera, by land or by sea. I've never encountered spaced-out drug users in Mexico. I can't say the same about some Caribbean islands.

As for fares, there are fewer ships doing Mexico than the Caribbean, so it may be easier for the lines to come closer to filling the ships without resorting to the bargain basement fares you find in the Caribbean.
Old June 18th, 2003, 10:27 PM
carrie Governor

The Mexican Riveria is fun! There are fewer ships which drives up the price. We have sailed it three times and are going again this Nov. out of San Fran..Should be just what the doctor ordeded
Old June 23rd, 2003, 10:29 PM
SF Sharon

Which ship are you sailing, Carrie? A cruise to Mexico in November sounds good to me. How long is the cruise? The itinerary?
Old September 11th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Carnival is moving a newer ship to do the Riviera, and the newer the ship the higher the cost of the cruise, its OK by me we needed a newer ship off the west coast.we are going October 5th on the pride, anybody coming with us??
havin fun jo
Old September 23rd, 2003, 10:27 PM
First Mate

Sailing on the Pride on the 12th of Oct. We have always done the Mexican Rivieria in Oct. The weather is usually great except for the 1st day out of Los Angeles. Have a great cruise all!