Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Becca12338
Default Progresso, Cozumel

OK, I know I've posted alot about this, but i NEED some answers!! loL!
In Costa Maya I would really like to scuba dive, problem is im not registered, is there anywhere that gives little classes then lets you dive?? IF not what else can I do?? NO MAYAN RUINS PLEASE!!
In Progresso I have no clue what to do, I was thinking of horsebak riding maybe?? Anything fun to do?? again, NO MAYAN RUINS!! THANX.

I'm posting this on many boards, you only need to reply once. THANX!!

CARNIVAL CONQUEST!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Progresso, Cozumel

There is nothing to do in Progresso but horseback ride---I'm with you on the ruins---we just left there in October---I never got off the boat in progresso--my husb got off for a hour and came back--sd nothing----this is a good port to do excursion
Old December 8th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Progresso, Cozumel

Not sure about Costa Maya, but many places allow you to do a Discover Scuba Dive. You do about a 1 hour class and then they take you out for 30-45 minutes. You can look at some of the resorts around there or find out if the ship does one.
Old December 9th, 2003, 08:44 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Progresso, Cozumel

A word of warning about Progresso. If you cruise ship offers a tour that says anything about a snorkel trip to a cave, and getting there requires a ride on a horse drawn wagon, and you stop at a Mexican Rancho. DON"T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our daughter did this tour. Cost $90. Very unsafe. No one from RCCL went with them and was left to fend for themselves. After a 2 hour bus ride, a ride on the back of a donkey's butt, no bathroom facilites, and no security, there was nothing to see except a big hole in the ground with bats flying around. It ended up being an 8 hour disaster. Everyone complained about it. I was so furious that RCCL would allow this tour to go unsupervised. I spoke with the head tour operator and he said, well I leave the ship tomorrow and will be going to Bermuda, so there really isn't anything he could do. I threatened to email RCCL right then and report him. I finally got our money back. Now, for the positive! Shopping is CHEAP. You can some of the most beautiful sink bowls (hand painted) for $30 each. THey start out asking 200-400 each. Wait till the end of the day and you can get a steal. I know a lot of people were wondering what the big deal was about those, but in the STates they cost at 500 each. Hey sell them when you come home! There is a wonderful t-shirt company on the corner by the beach. Really good quality too. Be prepared for a lot of dirty streets, and the water is milky looking with dirty beaches. This is one stop we won't be going back too, but it was an interesting experience if nothing else! Longest dock (supposedly) in the Carribean.