Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2003, 07:35 PM
thefer

Default RCL-Vision or Carnival Pride

Hi

This is my first time here as well as my first time booking a cruise. I am looking at taking a cruise at the end of April or early part of May. I did some research and found that if i use RCI (timeshare) to book cruise, i save quite a bit of money. We are talking
a couple hundred of dolllars. I would be going on the cruise alone. I am 29 yrs old. I am looking at visiting Cabo's, Mazatlan and PV. Both cruise lines offer the same Itineary, just visiting ports on different days.

For a single person:

I was quoted $835 for Carnival Pride including port charges and tax for an 1A category.

I also got quoted $703 for Vision of the Seas for a interior stateroom (N) on Royal Caribbean and $884 for an Large Ocean View Stateroom (I).

Can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages with each cruise line. I am a bit overwhelmed and not sure which one to go with.

Thank You,

Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2003, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: RCL-Vision or Carnival Pride

Jennifer, the Pride is a newer ship, and if you book a 1A guarantee, you might get upgraded to a normal inside cabin. I've been on the Vision, and it's a very pretty ship, though.

Being single, I think you may have more fun on the Pride -- it's usually less sedate than Royal Carribean.

I would read member reviews, as well as the cruisemates one, and see which appeals to you more. Also check out the 360-degree tours to get a feel for the ship.

It's really just up to you and what you are hoping to experience.

Harry