Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Bobbi

Default Chaccoben or Tulum

Sailing on Grandeur 2/14. Which ruins would you recommend - Chacchoben in Costa Maya or Tulum in Cozumel?
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Douglas

Default Re: Chaccoben or Tulum

I would recommen Chacchoben against Tulum. Reason Chachobben is 1 hour away and Tulum is half way to Cozumel 2 and 1/2 hours.
Old January 29th, 2004, 03:13 PM
evelynn

Hi Bobbi-

My husband and I are taking the same cruise in April. I would love to hear about what you did at the ports of call--what you might recommend or stay away from. I had the same question about the ruins. I have been to Tulum already and it is breathtaking, but I was wondering about Chaccoben--pictures I have seen look great.

This will be our first cruise. Any comments on how it goes for you would be appreciated. Have a wonderful time in Feb!

Evelynn Martin
bmartin@bbnp.com
Old January 29th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Bobbi

I'll report back when we return! I think we've definitely decided on Chacchoben. The shorter trip with two kids seems more reasonable.
Old February 10th, 2004, 06:38 AM
Scott & James

Default Re: Re: Chaccoben or Tulum

We are on the same sailing....how much does the tour cost? this was a last minute trip for us so we only get our documents at checkin.
Old February 10th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Bobbi

Default Re: Re: Re: Chaccoben or Tulum

We booked online through the RC website; it was $62.00 per person. While we booked an independent Stingray City tour, we felt more comfortable booking the ruins tour through RCI. Can't wait!
Old February 23rd, 2004, 02:33 PM
Julie B.

Bobbi,
We are eager to hear how you enjoyed Chacchoben. We, too, are going to Costa Maya and Cozumel and were planning to tour Tulum or Coba from Cozumel, but hate to spend the entire day off the island, since everyone raves about how great Cozumel is. There doesn't seem to be much to see at Costa Maya, so one of their ruins might make more sense.
Old February 24th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Jana

Default Re: Re: Chaccoben or Tulum

I am crusing also for the 1st time and going to Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Freeport. If you go to cruisecritic.com and go to the message board, there is all types of information you can obtain. Ports of call board, 1st time crusier board, oh geez, just anything. You click on it and people right in everyday and a lot of them. This board doesn't get as many hits as that one does. Anyways hope it helpful. It has sure helped me. All sorts of topics talked about for cruising.