Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Jana Kenney

Default Costa Maya

Hello, i have a question for someone. Can anyone tell me anything about Costa Maya. I am going on a cruise and it ports there and apparantly noone knows anything about it. Is it a dirty place or does it have nice beaches like Playa De Carmen does or what. Please help me.
Thanks Jana
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2004, 10:15 AM
jlynd53

Default Re: Costa Maya

If you like to relax and enjoy a nice sandy beach you can get a taxi or walk to the town of Mahahual. The taxi is $5/person round trip. The town is basically one long beach with bars and restaurants and a little bit of shopping. No charge to use the beach as long as you eat or drink something. There are vendors in the area that offer jet skis, banana boats, parasailing, etc. We really enjoyed our day there and would love to go back.
Old March 11th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Douglas

See the thread below yours about Costa Maya. All the beaches are public and you can go on any part of them.
Old March 11th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Douglas

Old March 13th, 2004, 06:06 PM
kala

I was just in Costa Maya. It was my favorite stop on the cruise. There is a real nice large facility at the pier that has shops and restaurants. Walk down the path (20 minute walk--well worth it) and it takes you to the fishing village where you will find more restaurants and shops. There is a beach club called Tequila Beach. It has great food, etc. They don't charge you to swim there.....Just be nice and order something!!! The walk was very fun, you'll see Iquanas!!!
Old March 13th, 2004, 06:08 PM
kala

Oh yeah, get the Pica de Gallo at the Tequila Beach Club...it's wonderful, it's not hot at all and you can enjoy the taste!!! A++++